Chapala.com Webboard

Wifi

52 minutes ago, jguerin said:

How is working those days AT&T modem

I suppose it depends on where you live. Here in Rancho de Oro you have to have two ways to access internet if one is Telmex Infinitum. At 10:03 AM the Telmex infinitum is just now back up and the speed test shows 5.01Mbps download and0.27 upload. But right now the AT&T shows 10.21Mbps  download and 11.03 Mbps upload. Telmex Infinitum is down quite a bit every morning. The AT&T cost is $349 mn per month and is down infrequently. 

Find some way to test the AT&T cell signal strength AT YOUR HOUSE before you assume that there is a good signal and purchase their modem.  AT&T coverage is not as good as their longterm competition, Telcel.  Find a friend who has AT&T, invite them over to your house for tequila. Then check their phones coverage for talk and data.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RickS said:

AT&T coverage is not as good as their longterm competition, Telcel.

Many threads would disagree with those that pay twice as much. My ATT download speed is 42.6 Mbps in Chapala Centro.

AT&T coverage is very spotty lakeside. In Riberas, in my house, there was no signal compared to 4 bars with Telcel. It is worth it to spend a 100 pesos on an AT&T card and put their sim card in your phone. I did and checked it for a week on different days and different times. For me, It sucked. YMMV.

My comment has to do with 'coverage', not speed nor price. AT&T's coverage footprint at Lakeside is not as good as Telcel's, a fact borne out by several Posts here and TOB. My Post was meant as a head's up to the OP, not as a condemnation of AT&T nor those who made the decision to go with them. 

21 hours ago, jguerin said:

I am in Joco, real bad those days.   Thanks will look for AT & T modem, is there an office in Ajijic? I think I saw one. Thanks

I think there is an AT&T sucursal in Joco on Morelos within a block of Wings and Fly.