Chapala.com Webboard

GUANAJUATO - SECURED PARKING OVERNIGHT?

ezpz

I just bought a car after being here for 12 years without one.  I have considered driving to a few of my favorite cities - Guanajuato and San Miguel, mainly to save time.  I've been there on guided tours, but that really makes your own navigation abilities get rusty.  But the drives seem safe and easy on the toll roads most of the way.  But.. I would like to  park the car in the outskirts of those towns because driving in the historic centers would be quite challenging, especially in Guajajuato, whose maps look like a plate of spaghetti!  Not ready for the tunnels!

I'm wondering if there are any covered and secure parking lots at the outskirts of those towns where it would also be easy to catch a taxi to the hotel.  I'm also thinking of Zacatecas, but you can drive all the way into the center there, doesn't look too treacherous.  Please remember, I haven't driven for 12 years!  :)

Gracias!

Most city hotels have secured parking for guests, in most Mexican cities.  Explore your maps, using hotels as your targets. lick on several and check their details. You will find your answers.

We drove and stayed at Casa Zuniga B&B in GTO.  It's been awhile, but at that time the owner (Rick) directed us to park in a lot above his place.  We did not have to go through the tunnels to get to the lot.  He sent his staff up to carry our suitcases down (and up, when we checked out).  He also gave us tickets for the funicular.  The B&B is at the top of funicular....a few minutes walk; the views were amazing.  

Gracias, I would like to stay right by the Union Plaza in Guanajuato, there is a great hotel there.  Looking at a map of Guanajuato is pointless.  The local maps are very inaccurate and have cutesy drawings for tourists.  There is no "north" indicated.  The streets wind in every which direction, and at least half of the "streets" are actually andadodores, or "walking streets" or alleys, not open to car traffic.  The difference is not indicated on maps including online!  So parking on the outskirts of town and taking a taxi would suite me better.  I would like to leave the central driving to a local driver!  I'm happy walking once I get there.  Meanwhile, I'm searching "pensiones estacionarse"  Certainly someone must have had some experience with them.