Chapala.com Webboard

Rain Coming?????

So is our Mod. going to run a beginning of the rainy season contest again?  I always greatly appreciated his efforts and would always choose around the 14th of June.. No, darn it, I never won. :) 

According to the University of Guadalajara ( UDG , yesterday ), the rainy season will start in July !

Rony

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The rainy season in Chiapas started 2 weeks earlier this year so june 3 is not far fetched but we will soon know. I have just finished my roof gutters but I need to redirect the flow o water and I need an albañil so I would think it will start early and make a big mess around the house.. Yes that is about right. I hope Rony´s post is correct but with my luck I do not think so

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Speaking of odd weather stuff, there was some (not lots) lirio right off the Ajijic malecon around lunchtime, spread between Colon and Pedro Moreno.  Seems odd for this time of year.  

The lirios has been in the lake since last rainy season. There is so much at the San Antonio malecon, the reporter had pictures of them cleaning some of it away to the fishermen could get to their boats. I drove down there the other day and watched while one of the fishermen waded in the lake and was scooping the lirios out. He was creating a path so he could bring his boat in. 

A second note, Accuweather is predicting a chance of rain for today and overcast and chance of thunderstorms every day up to the 6th of June. Does this mean an early rainy season? I hope so.

Hourly Forecast for Today, Saturday 05/25

47.svg
Tonight 05/25

Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing late. Low 64F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

30.svg
Tomorrow 05/26

Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 85F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

The above forecast from Weather Underground.  The following forecast from Weather.com

Ajijic, Mexico 10 Day Weather

4:51 pm CDT
Print
DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TONIGHT

MAY 25
Thunderstorms Late
--62°
40%
WSW 10 mph 51%

UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

0 of 10
7:13 am
8:26 pm
1:36 am
1:04 pm

Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms overnight. Low 62F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Just now, johanson said:

It hasn't been raining now, where I am, for maybe three hours.  Maybe that is because I am in Seattle, where it rains way too often.

I sent you a message on Facebook but you probably can't access it. I am having the same problem as you with the red squares over the white symbols in the blue stripe near the top of Facebook.

Oops I should have sent that privately probably.

I thought it was only me who was having problems with my Facebook Account.  The fact that some to many of us have the same problem would suggest that it will be fixed by Facebook, and it is not something I have to do to some unknown Facebook option button that I have to push, that I do not know where is.

All the weather websites are using Guadalajara forecasts and assuming Chapala being so close is the same. Chapala has a micro climate with very different weather than GDL.  Colder in winter, hotter in summer. Rain in the afternoon but in Chapala late night. GDL receives more rain than Chapala. So read those "Chapala" forecasts with a grain of salt 

• Like 1

Just looked at the Ajijic Weather site and it showed heavy rain or storm clouds to the North North East of Guad-Lake Chapala. I am not suggesting that it will rain at the lake. But there are storm clouds that are getting closer.

Some places near us will be getting some though.