Chapala.com Webboard

Going north--best way through Aguascaliente now.

Last time we took the trip to Santa Teresa crossing into New Mexico there was a lot of construction on the north side of Aguascaliente and the main exit on the north side of town was closed.  What is the status now and what routes are you finding best to get through.  We took the middle loop east last time and that was good until we got to the closed exit going north.

What's the best routing now?

We just came back from Saltillo and when we reached Aguascaliente Google maps took us all through the city. Not sure what was up with that.

4 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

There is a ring road to the east called Siglo XXI.  It's a four lane divided roadway that was recommended to me by RickS (on this board) who knows his stuff.  We'll be taking it next month.

Well, Cheesehead, that (Siglo XXI) might need to be put into perspective.

I suggested, with some reservation, that particular route as you were somewhat concerned about driving 'straight through' Aquas and were not a 'seasoned Mexican driver' as I recall. I did mention that, at last observation, Siglo XXI was still farther and unless corrected still had some bad road surfaces and a million signal lights. Any more I never take that route but then I've driven through Aguas, north and south, several/many times, taking the route(s) that Wanderer suggests.

Maybe if Maincoons goes through there in a bit I'm sure he will report back here.