Chapala.com Webboard

Towing a fifth wheel RV

I know that this has been asked in the past. But I am asking again. I am looking for someone to tow a fifth wheel RV. 

An acquaintance of mine is looking for someone who has a truck and hitch who can move his 5th wheel RV about 200 meters on the same property located in San Luis Soyatlan on the southern coast of Lake Chapala. If interested, please message me with your rate and contact phone number. The RV owner is Mexican but speaks English well.

He would like to do it on Saturday, 1st of June.

Thank you for your input.

YES, It is correct that you need a 5th wheel hitch to tow a 5th wheel RV AND I live in Roca Azul, so I do ask people that own trucks capable of towing 5th wheels. People have their own reasons for not wanting to do the job.  

Sometimes, there is someone looking to make some extra cash and willing to take the time to do the job. In fact, there used to be a man that went by Canada Bob that had towed some RV's in the past, but not sure if he is still around, OR if he can tow 5th wheels. It is possible that he does not have the 5th wheel hitch. 

I DO HAVE A HITCH that can be borrowed if someone wants to use it to do the job. 

Thanks again. 

But....Borrowing your hitch would require drilling and mounting it on someone else's truck.  That is unlikely to happen.  Maybe it is time for you to buy another truck to haul your trailer.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

But....Borrowing your hitch would require drilling and mounting it on someone else's truck.  That is unlikely to happen.  Maybe it is time for you to buy another truck to haul your trailer.

Yea, I don't see someone being willing to install a fifth-wheel hitch just to make a few pesos either.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW. Great answers to my request. However, I am only looking for someone who may already have a truck CAPABLE of towing a 5th wheel, maybe at one time may have had a hitch in place, who may want to make some extra cash to tow someone else's 5th wheel. It is not for me, so I would not be looking to buy another truck to tow a 5th wheel that I no longer own. And I am not asking anyone to modify their truck to install a hitch just to make a few pesos.

SIMPLE question; Is there someone out there who may be interested in towing a 5th wheel and has a truck capable of towing a 5th wheel? If you are that person or know someone that may be interested, please let me know. NO answer is required if you are not that person. Thanks anyways.

I appreciate all the advice, but the advice being offered is not necessary. Thank you.