Chapala.com Webboard
barefootcontessa22

Taking ETN bus to Nuevo Laredo - how to cross bridge?

I am taking the ETN bus to Nuevo Laredo and then need to cross over into Laredo. (I have taken Turimex in the past - they go right in to Laredo but the bus is full the day I need to travel).

What is the best way to cross over into Laredo? I suspect by cab, but I've heard the rates are ridiculous.

Any hints, insights from people who've done this are much appreciated.

Thanks!

I take the bus to Nuevo Laredo once a year. Then a taxi from the bus station to pick up a rental car at the airport in Laredo.  In March I paid 600 pesos for the taxi. They are lined up at the bus station.  

I took a taxi to the walking bridge and walked over. After clearing immigration exit the building and take a right at the top of the hill. Taxis are a block away in front of the hotel.

Walk across the bridge.  Just follow the crowd.  You will go down and then back up.  Get cab after you have crossed.  Otherwise fees ridiculous.

ETN arrives at the bus station in Nuevo Laredo. Walk out front of the building and you'll see the taxis. Ask to go to the bridge. (Be sure to ask first how much is the fare, else you will be taken for 2 rides :-)  Fare 2 years ago was 50 pesos. Taxi will let you out right in front of the bridge. Join the line to walk across. You will need your passport. Really easy. I love walking that bridge. I do it pulling a suitcase. On the other end of the bridge there are taxis you can take to wherever.

3 hours ago, Jreboll said:

What’s the best bus to SA from Laredo?

What are the choices? Hard to answer without knowing who does that route these days.

5 hours ago, Jreboll said:

What’s the best bus to SA from Laredo?

What is your criteria for 'best'?  Price, accommodations, schedule???

Google can be of immense help when wondering about these kind of things....

https://www.wanderu.com/en-us/depart/Laredo%2C TX%2C USA/San Antonio%2C TX%2C USA/2019-05-29/?cur=USD&dpid=ChIJrw7QBK9YXIYRvBagEDvhVgg&opid=ChIJJT35p2zAYIYRkXRWSVN6QLQ