Chapala.com Webboard

iLox - are they cutting Telmex landlines?

Within the homeowner's property, a line may be disconnected with permission from the homeowner.  Perhaps it was necessary to provide space for the new line.  Nothing to argue about, or to chastise Ilox about.

• Thanks 1

Some things were not discussed in the contract so I pre-empted the problem by sending an e-mail in both languages to iLox and received a confirmation. The content stated that I would be keeping my Telmex line and would want a new iLox number for their installation. I also gave them my e-mail address and my cell phone number so they could communicate with me for the purpose of installation. I had put that information on the application but it did not make it to the contract.

I have a somewhat simple installation since they won't be going anywhere near my Telmex line which comes in at the back of my house. My desk is at the front of the house and they will have to drill a very simple hole to put the modem ON the desk.

I never assume that any installer of anything knows what they're doing and I watch carefully... in any country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

"No good deed..."

CG doesn't deserve this grief. He has been one of the most consistently helpful posters on this board for many years. I hope that will remain the case for many more years to come.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Some things were not discussed in the contract so I pre-empted the problem by sending an e-mail in both languages to iLox and received a confirmation. The content stated that I would be keeping my Telmex line and would want a new iLox number for their installation. I also gave them my e-mail address and my cell phone number so they could communicate with me for the purpose of installation. I had put that information on the application but it did not make it to the contract.

I have a somewhat simple installation since they won't be going anywhere near my Telmex line which comes in at the back of my house. My desk is at the front of the house and they will have to drill a very simple hole to put the modem ON the desk.

I never assume that any installer of anything knows what they're doing and I watch carefully... in any country.

Why don't y'all just give the OP what he asked for?

Very good comment Ferret.  Words to the wise.

• Thanks 1