Chapala.com Webboard

FEDEX tracking

Since my FedEx package doesn't say AJIJIC MX am I correct thinking that the package has not left Guadalajra and is in the Guad "local FedEx station"

Monday, 05/20/201906:35GUADALAJARA MX
At the local FedEx station
Sunday, 05/19/201911:14GUADALAJARA MX
Saturday, 05/18/201902:26GUADALAJARA MX
02:05GUADALAJARA MX
Friday, 05/17/201919:56GUADALAJARA MX
In transit
09:06GUADALAJARA MX
In transit
The package is available to be checked by customs
07:17GUADALAJARA MX
In destination classification station
04:36MEMPHIS, TN
It left the FedEx station
04:20MEMPHIS, TN
In transit
01:10MEMPHIS, TN
In transit
Thursday, 05/16/201923:16MEMPHIS, TN
The package arrived at FedEx facilities
16:01
Shipping information sent to FedEx
16:01ROCKY RIVER, OH
The package was collected by FedEx
Presented in FedEx office

In every delivery via Fedex I've had, the Guadalajara facility has NEVER updated to indicate the package is "out for delivery". When I see it has reached Guad, I know to remain at home. One time, the driver updated it less than 5 minutes before he arrived at my house, which is as good as it gets for me.

And here today....they blame me for late delivery ( customer asked for delivery on a later day....which I didnt, and while I am waiting at home, for a package to arrive ) :

13:28

GUADALAJARA MX
Excepción de entrega
El cliente solicitó una entrega a día futuro

19 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

on the fedex tracking website ask for notifications. They will email when  it is out for delivery, and many other options. 

I do that every time and still, the Guadalajara facility places a very low priority on updating when the packages arrive there and worse when they're out for delivery.

I have few problems and send almost daily but have an account and do all the customs coding.  The devil is in the details.  I have had clients spend twice what I pay and then the package take twice as long.  Issues only arise when UPS plane come a bit late and then there is only one delivery to lakeside daily so one more day delay. 

For Fedex / UPS if the plane arrives with package to Guadalajara before 9.30 am then usually it can clear customs by 11.30am (assumes declaration was done right and grandma didnt slip in cookies or other non document merchandise with your papers) and if customs cleared by 11.30 am then on truck for delivery lakeside.  My office gets Fedex 1.30-2.15pm, UPS 2.45-345pm. 

I do hundreds of shipments a year and have only lost 1 document, some were lost for a week or two, disappeared during outbound customs search or incoming but then appeared in someone elses delivery or by regular mail.  

Fedex is quicker and they process Saturdays, UPS doesnt