Chapala.com Webboard

Can anyone PLEASE talk me through my SHAW red light reciever?

My Shaw guy does not work weekends & yes, my favorite show is tonight!

I had Music playing on one of the channels & then switched to CNN 500 & NOW THE RECEIVER is going through red light, flashing red light , the green light then nothing. I unplugged power started all over and about to scream! NOT a TECHIE! HELP! I will be checking for any mail if you give me a phone #!  THANK YOU in advance.

JoyinMexico

Guest Observer

Temporary Fix For Your Shaw System!!

You may have to do this ONCE A DAY UNTIL YOUR LNB IS INSTALLED.

1. Press Options on your Remote

2. Press .. Key In .. 1-1-2-2

3. Select with Right Arrow Key and choose the option starting with “Q4C”

4. Press Enter OK

5. Press Exit

6. Change Channel

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like you have the old or classic channel set up. That means that we have the same TV channel #s that one did when the service was provided by Star Choice. 

I'm up north, right now, and just tried to go to channel 500, and I got a message stating that there was no signal. Now channel 500 is where CNN in standard definition is located.  I then changed to channel 95 which is where CNN in HD is located.  I went to channel 95 and everything was great.

I hope your problem is that simple.

EDIT: I just checked my signal strength. It was very weak.  So I do not know whether the reason I got no signal on channel 500 was because the signal was weak or because it is no longer being broadcast in SD. Sorry

As Shaw is converting more and more SD channels to HD, the old SD channels are being dropped. For a long time, there were all the SD channels, and then a bunch of duplicate HD channels. Their aim is to get rid of all SD channels and have no duplicates, so everything will be HD.