Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox t.v. reception

This is not good news, since I am in San Antonio and have signed up with them to be able to get good internet TV streaming service. I am now getting 4 - 5 download with Telmex and recently signed up for 30 with Ilox. Since there are only a couple of replies here I am hoping that this only a sporadic situation. I just signed up for a WiFi TV streaming service here (dumping Dish Satellite) with hundreds of channels and am getting EXCELLENT picture quality even with the slow speed from Telmex. I am getting some buffering on some channels but overall very happy. I am not a tech guy at all but do not understand why you would be getting worse picture quality with higher speeds. What does picture quality have to do with the cable connection...I thought that this is a on/off kind of thing. HELP!!!

11 minutes ago, NLU said:

gringohombre

the tv service  is different than the internet

Correct. TV 'service' from an internet provider (ILOX or whomever) is NOT the same as streaming movies/tv programs etc. 

We have now heard from a few ILOX customers whose TV Service is way subpar... fuzzy reception and probably/surely not High-Def and maybe not even Standard Def quality. TV Service 'should' be on a par with offering from the like of, but not necessarily the content of, SKY or Telecable or Shaw.

What say yee other ILOX customers who chose to also add/pay for TV Service to their in-house offering. I know personally of three that are not getting a TV signal 'worth looking at' and is surely not what they were expecting. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NLU said:

gringohombre

the tv service  is different than the internet

if you are getting a constant (non-staccato) signal from Ilox, you shouldn'thave any problem streaming

The IP said:

A question for those using Ilox cable services.  How is your reception?  Both my neighbor and I have rather fuzzy reception, not something one would want to watch continuously.

He referenced Ilox cable services NOT TV services. I understand that the few Ilox TV channels are mostly in Spanish and hardly worth even considering.

•  

Just now, gringohombre said:

The IP said:

A question for those using Ilox cable services.  How is your reception?  Both my neighbor and I have rather fuzzy reception, not something one would want to watch continuously.

He referenced Ilox cable services NOT TV services. I understand that the few Ilox TV channels are mostly in Spanish and hardly worth even considering.

•  

I was asking about cable t.v. reception.  Which is entirely different from IPtv or streaming service.

The "IP" as you called them IS talking about the TV Services that ILOX offers in addition to high speed Internet and telephone service. 

12 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

The IP said:

•  

Gringohombre, can you give us your definition of "cable services" vs "TV Services"?   From ILOX, there is only one TV capability offering as a 'service'... so the "IP" can only be talking about one thing. They paid for TV and are getting very subpar reception. 

Whether or not the TV channels are mostly in Spanish is not germane to the discussion. Some folks speak Spanish.

Yes, "IP" could stand for Initial Poster but most often is shown as "OP".... Original Poster.  But we all knew what you meant so no harm no foul and it was ''my bad" for making that an issue....

I'm in Seattle right now, but the list of channels I have from iLox, which is sitting in my  home in Ajijic, showed a very limited list of anything (any channel) that was in English. I hope that someone here will prove me wrong but that is what a remember, when I reviewed that  list 3 weeks ago.