Chapala.com Webboard

Do you like Breaded Pork Chops?

Tiny

I am enjoying a chop from a recipe that I just found.

IMG_20190515_192719.thumb.jpg.2c3b42661b4c677e4531d156499ae083.jpg

I changed the mustard paste to my taste. I didn't have thick cut pork chops so I stacked up several thin cuts with the paste on each chop. Very tasty and simple.

Some people would say the BEST breaded pork chop that they ever tasted. LOL

31557649_DeviledPorkChops_1.thumb.PNG.5ae88739d30e81e850af303ddd8237c7.PNG1120665959_DeviledPorkChops_2.thumb.PNG.21b083994b933359a514081809fc1834.PNG

• Like 1

I like the recipe. And I subscribe to Cooks Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen from my hometown library and read it on my tablet. But typical of their eagerness to provide the best techniques, they often go overboard. I see the whole "browning of the panko" in a separate step as a waste of time and effort, and while you may get an even cook by roasting,  (a great use of your toaster oven), I'll stick with a slow pan fry for this recipe, breaded in panko and cooked all at once.

I've been doing Wiener schnitzel longer than I can remember. Also Pariser and natur schnitzel once in a while. At first using veal. Real veal is pink almost colourless. If it's red,it's not veal. A long time ago I switched to pork tenderloin and discovered it had more flavour yet the consistency of veal. For some reason the restaurants around here only do chicken Cordon Bleu[YUCK!] so about a week ago I decided to try making that but I  haven't figured out how to secure the edges yet. Anyone done this?  I hardly ever do breaded pork chops. The best chops for flavour are shoulder. If cut correctly looks like beef chuck steak. BBQ or cut up and fry, then make mushroom sauce. When I was a singe guy I developed a quick meal recipe to impress a new babe. Thin chop fried melted cheese on top with red wine and mushroom sauce and Uncle Ben's wild rice. I either got lucky or some hated that I cooked better than she did,never to be seen again.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tiny said:

What I like about the above recipe is the bread crumbs are toasted, not pan fried in all the oil and juices. To me, a cleaner taste

I can dig it. On another note, I like all that.

• Haha 1

,While experimenting with different breading techniques and coatings for a class a few months ago I tried dehydrated potato flakes , ultra crispy..absorbed very little grease  ,wonderful snitzels . I used seasoned flour , then thin egg wash and finally the flakes mixed with a little Parmesan and oregano.Then topped them with a fried egg . Have since used them on fish with great results .

On 5/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, Tiny said:

What I like about the above recipe is the bread crumbs are toasted, not pan fried in all the oil and juices. To me, a cleaner taste

On the other hand, the recipe tells us to toast the crumbs in butter in a pan first.