Chapala.com Webboard

Cell service providers

Cell service coverage is another important factor in addition to price. Make sure that AT&T has coverage where YOU want to use it the most. And one cannot get better customer service than with the Telcel lady who is also 2 doors down from Alex's Pasta Bar.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Cell service coverage is another important factor in addition to price. Make sure that AT&T has coverage where YOU want to use it the most. And one cannot get better customer service than with the Telcel lady who is also 2 doors down from Alex's Pasta Bar.

You beat me to the post.  LOL

1 hour ago, 757 said:

I have used AT&T since they landed in the area. We have never had a problem of coverage lakeside, in GDL. Mexico City or  in the US.

I basically found that true with AT&T except what I saw a couple of weeks ago during a in country road trip. I have both a AT&T Mexico and Telcel (roaming for AT&T US) SIM card in my phone. A few times there was marked difference in coverage between the two. A couple of times one or the other provider did not have any signal. 

I kept a closer eye on the indicators more than usual because I was surprised how much difference there was.  No I was not driving. LOL

That is why I recommend to test.

First, let's be honest, AT&T's coverage around Lakeside is spotty. There are neighborhoods where it works fine - from what you say - and others such as SAT and Riberas, where it sometimes works or rarely works. From living NOB, I wouldn't take it if they paid me, but that's another story.

I've used Telcel for 10+ years with no problems. YRMV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

First, let's be honest, AT&T's coverage around Lakeside is spotty. There are neighborhoods where it works fine - from what you say - and others such as SAT and Riberas, where it sometimes works or rarely works. From living NOB, I wouldn't take it if they paid me, but that's another story.

I've used Telcel for 10+ years with no problems. YRMV

This ^^^^^^^^^^

Had ATT for a month and threw away the sim card which I had prepaid for a year.  

I tried the ATT service I even renewed for an additional 2 years It was very spotty coverage I could not use my phone in my house or at the shelter not being conversant with cell phones I assumed this was normal I had a Blackberry than switched to ma Galaxy S8 same problem of coverage I had to be outside to get a line IMy phone was stolen and when I replaced it I went with Telcel boy what a difference My new Galaxy S9 can be used anywhere. there is no comparison with the quality of reception.