Chapala.com Webboard

where to buy flashing

Thank you! I have been looking for this also. What kind of sealer would you put along the top? Black tar waterproofing is used in Canada but I need the name of that here. Chapapote? Need to get all my ducks in a row before the rainy season.

38 minutes ago, Ferret said:

What kind of sealer would you put along the top?

We plan on using Fester FT 101 (which is an adhesive and a waterproof sealer) between the wall and the flashing, screws and then likely run a bead along the top edge as nothing is ever perfectly flat.
It's also paintable which is good.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Thank you! I have been looking for this also. What kind of sealer would you put along the top? Black tar waterproofing is used in Canada but I need the name of that here. Chapapote? Need to get all my ducks in a row before the rainy season.

Black tar waterproofing is called asfalto here. It's what I painted my foundations with when building to prevent salitre coming through. Also Fester makes a product that is black tar with fibers in it which will fill cracks better.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WideSky said:

FYI, Home Depot Iteso has Z flashing but nothing else.  Now to try at the aceros.

The reason I do a lot of my shopping on-line because most of the time it is faster  and cheaper to order and have it delivered than drive access town. LOL

So, took me 1/2 hr total time to drive to Poli Acero across from Pancho's Deli; pick the thickness (Cal 30), pay, have it loaded into my car and back home; for about 1/6th the cost of mercadolibre. I have a grinder so cutting it isn't a problem. Comes in a sheet 36" wide by 10' long.
Lots of different thickness available.

The Fester store beside Wal-Mart has a black asphalt coating which is elastomeric and with fibers in it. Good for foundation walls and crack sealing of rook flashing, etc. it is called Fester Microlastic and available in 4 ltr. Or 20 ltr. Pails. About $1500 pesos for the pails. 

• Thanks 1