Chapala.com Webboard

Do you recall the name of. .. . .

When my husband and I arrived here in 1997 we joined the only accredited animal shelter at the time. Can any old-timer recall its exact name? I'm thinking maybe Lake Chapala Humane Society AC.

I appreciate your help.  .  .

Lexy

12 minutes ago, ajijicbound said:

Anitas Animals? Geoffrey Kayes Animal Shelter?

No, not either of these, it was before Geoffrey although he was involved, as were Diane Hazen, Gudrun Jones and a few others who still volunteer. I believe it was named after a man and cannot remember what it was.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, but no--not named after a man. It was, as I said, something like Lake Chapala Humane Society AC. In fact, it was where we first met Anita, who besides the vet was a paid volunteer, as she had duties that required her to show up every day. Anita's Animals was in the future. Maybe if I still have a current email addess for Geoffrey I'll send him a note.

Lexy

Lexy, your husband was President for at least 2 years.   Maybe you have a few scraps of documents left hanging around?

It was very close to, if not actually  "Lake Chapala Humane Society A.C."  When you remember the name of a man, you are remembering the Haack Foundation who leased that land to the society for $1 per year.  But that family name was never involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

It was very close to, if not actually  "Lake Chapala Humane Society A.C."  When you remember the name of a man, you are remembering the Haack Foundation who leased that land to the society for $1 per year.  But that family name was never involved.

Yes, the Haack Foundation is the name I could not remember.

Thanks, all.  I wasn't the one who mentioned that it was a man's name, luvsdawgs was. But now that it's mentioned, I recall that benefactor, too.

I've just been told by a friend that my memory didn't fail me after all--Lake Chapala Humane Society AC is correct.

Yes, Natasha, I do remember that my husband became the president. I simply drew a blank in trying to recall the name.

Lexy