Chapala.com Webboard

Glass and screens

Typo.

I also second Viluma although I am sure there are others. It's actually quite easy to replace your own screen with the right tool (which I've never seen here). Just don't let Viluma use silicone to cover the spline... because then you really will need Viluma to fix it.

I don't know, they've fallen out of favour with me. Missed appts, junior unskilled workers instead of Jaime... last time they were here, I asked for the third time that they repair 3 sets of louvered windows. They did and charged me $300. I then discovered they had merely sprayed the hinges on all three sets with WD40. Yes, I was stupid not to test each one carefully before they left. A quick check on one showed that they were definitely operating smoother. But right after they left, I realized they were now shutting on their own. Since this was the third request, I gave up. Don't know who to count on now.

• Thanks 1

Before I ended up back with Viluma, I used Jose Reyes Blas. Exceptional but got too busy so he was picky about the jobs he'd take. He is located at Galeana 69-B and the numbers I have for him are 766-5286 and 333-815-1594. Only Spanish spoken. Good luck because he's REALLY good. I got to have the pleasure of working with him again when I contracted to have a skylight window and venting system done with JP Home Services. So, I don't know if he is only working with contractors now or what the story is. All I know is that he's good at what he does. I have taken a screen into his home location to be redone though. Wish somebody would clone him.

Either of the two glass, door, and window places in Chapala on the main drag, approx. 1 block south of the bus station.    1 on each side of the street, east and west.

Go Solar, are they not both North of the Bus Station? We have used José Luis Gonzalez Aluminios Y Vidrios North of the Bus Station East Side. This year 2018 he was very busy with a large housing project near Guad which was dictating his schedule, but he did tell us.

I have given up on Viluma, many different reasons mostly attempts to inflate previously quoted jobs beyond any rational amount.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:04 PM, mkshawn said:

are they not both North of the Bus Station?

YES, good catch, thank you!   And the one on the west side is the 2nd shop up from the corner, good place.