Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Down

Update:: Went to Telcel in the plaza today, noontime.

Rep said the entire SAT area and CV is out. The problem is the tower serving this area, it is non-functioning.  They have a team working on it and it should be cleared by tomorrow (translation: possibly this Friday, probably next week...maybe)

Finally I am able to translate!.

• Thanks 1

I've been incommunicado for a week and a half - Telecable landline went down first and now the cell won't work either. What are people supposed to do in an emergency?  How many phones do we have to have? I guess we could send smoke signals but would probably burn down whatever trees are left...  If the internet goes too, my business is going to tank!

It is not an emergency; just an inconvenience. But it may make some think about what they will do in a true emergency, a really big one, like a major power grid failure, thousand year storm, meteor impact, war, or whatever other scenario you can imagine.   There would be no power, no water, no gasoline, no groceries, no communication, and no information.  Good question: "What are people supposed to do?" 

I don't think there is an answer in today's dependent society.  Now, where did I leave that old Bic lighter? I need to cook something, or someone.

I can receive messages but no photos for me it isinconvenient because I need to send paperwork for customs entries and I receive the information via photos from people who cannot read or write  so no custom nvoices for a bunch o artisans at this point.. I live near Danza del Sol

2 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

Very weak signal, lots of interference in s.a.t Been like this for about two weeks.

....and from another Post it looks like it will be that way for a couple more weeks.

2 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

Unfortunately currently paying for absolutely nothing... 

Telcel, Telmex... doesn't matter. They NEVER give you credit for a loss of service that is THEIR fault. I've been in this house for exactly three years.... and have been without service for a total of three months. They could care less.

5 hours ago, Ferret said:

Telcel, Telmex... doesn't matter. They NEVER give you credit for a loss of service that is THEIR fault. I've been in this house for exactly three years.... and have been without service for a total of three months. They could care less.

Absolutely criminal!