Chapala.com Webboard

Good Driver / English / 24 hours a day

If he is saying to call him, that is not Uber.  The joy of the Uber app is being able to track the car and track where you are going.  Otherwise, he is just a driver.

• Like 1

thank you. yes i edited it.  His card does say Uber, so I put uber on the post.  I didnt know that you contact uber just through an app.....so sorry......hes a nice guy....responsible...speaks english...just thought id help him get some work.  Thank you for educating me.

• Like 2

I have noticed that many Mexicans use “Uber driver” as a synonym for “private driver.” There is no intent to deceive or defraud.

It is important for users of private drivers to understand that only those going through the Uber app are using actual Uber service with its benefits and short comings. The driver you are using is receiving very little of the fare money. The corporation gets most of it. It is easy to understand why drivers prefer to work directly with their customers.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Uber takes 25% of the fare. They get the customer, verify the vehicle meets stamdards, vehicle is insured, and driver is legal and set the cost of the trip before you request the trip + cash is not necessary. Taxis pay for permit and union dues. The majority of Uber and taxi drivers in this area are working for commission and do not own the vehicle they are driving. So someone who doesn't pay those costs has some advantage. The consumer has zero protection.