Chapala.com Webboard

Please Help our bomberos (firefighters)

They have been fighting forest fires for a week. Please bring energy/electrolyte drinks to firehouse on Libramiento .or Ajijic delegation (the south west corner of the Ajijic plaza)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I took a cart full of electrolytes, water, fruit. and bar-type snacks by earlier today and they were very grateful to be receiving support from the community. I am guessing that leather work gloves and tools like sturdy hoes, shovels, and machetes would be appreciated, too. Also, the American Legion is collecting items to be delivered to the Bomberos as well.

• Like 1

Yesterday afternoon, we took those large plastic containers of water and a case of Electrolytes to the station on the Libramiento, they were so grateful.  I encourage others to help, if possible.  

I haven't heard the cause of the fire but it's frightening for the people and animals on the mountain(s) and with everything being so dry and the heat, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to put these fires out.

Valerie 

• Like 1

The needs are constantly changing. The firefighters are good for water and food for the moment. As of yesterday evening what they need now are heavy-duty rakes, square-tipped shovels, latex gloves, electrolyte powder/packages (not liquid), and disinfectants like Pinol, Cloro & Fabuloso.

They do not need more food and water and the moment.

• Thanks 1