Chapala.com Webboard

Gordo is gone!

We have a new local commandante of the state transitos. Gordo is GONE thanks to the good people who wrote letters confirming extortion.

Hector is planning a town Hall to introduce the commandante.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

They change the state commandante in Chapala even faster than most people change their underwear. Harry and Hector have zero to do with this. All you people that wrote the letters are the heroes. Hector just delivered the mail. El Gordo is not the only one that will get you by the way. One of the others just seemed to have laid low for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

I donated $15,000 worth of paint for the Chapala Bench Project. Hector had it delivered to him. This was a couple of months ago. Never heard from him again, even after going to the Municipal Building in Chapala and talking with the Chief of staff. Not even a "Thank you" note.

53 minutes ago, chapalence said:

All the benches were redone a couple of months ago.

You're thinking of the work done by Bob Howe and the insidelakeside,com members who refurbished (rebuilt) 64 benches on the Ajijic malecon.

Problemchild made a very generous offer to kick start the benches in Chapala but I think made the mistake of entrusting money to the local government. He should have purchased the materials and held them and let Chapala supply the labour.

SunFan

On 5/3/2019 at 9:02 AM, happyjillin said:

They change the state commandante in Chapala even faster than most people change their underwear. ….

Like the old Mexican joke when Pancho Villa told his men, "Today I have good news and bad news.  The men all cheer.   Tell us the good news first Pancho.  Pancho says today we all get to change our underwear. 

Cheers from all of the men. 

What is the bad news Pancho? 

Pancho Villa says, Juan you change with Pedro, and Manuel you change with Gustavo, Mario you change with Enrique, ……….." 

11 hours ago, SunFan said:

You're thinking of the work done by Bob Howe and the insidelakeside,com members who refurbished (rebuilt) 64 benches on the Ajijic malecon.

Problemchild made a very generous offer to kick start the benches in Chapala but I think made the mistake of entrusting money to the local government. He should have purchased the materials and held them and let Chapala supply the labour.

SunFan

The benches on the CHAPALA Malecon were redone by the workers hired by the municipal government. Was the full amount of the donation used for the intended purpose? I can't say for certain, but a great deal of work was done to various features on the Malecon at that time.

The money Bob Howe raised went to refurbish the Ajijic malecon benches. Hector and I procured the wood with the help of Have Hammers. I bought the tools and supplies for the job to be done. These are now in the hands of the Ajijic delagado  Juan Ramon for future maintenance.

Bob had 13k left over which, with the approval of his Board members was applied to the bridge project which was largely sponsored by the Garden Guild and executed by Hector. Pedro has nothing to do with any of this as usual.

• Thanks 2

Since I am directly involved with the project, I assume Bob would be in accord with my basic description of the project. You are welcome to check with him. 

• Like 1

Getting back to the thread topic. Hector solicited letters, had them translated, hand delivered them to presidente, commandante, state transito in Guad. He then setup a town meeting with all the police entities with the assistance of LCS . I assisted him in organizing the event and helped with the execution. These all led to the removal of Gordo. I would say that these efforts were not nothing.

Once again a big mouth slams anything that doesn't involve him. I thought he was banned????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On the subject of the bridge funding... I stand corrected. Below is the exact quote from Bob Howe...

"They (The Garden Guild) actually did foot most of the money. They contributed $41,000, we (Inside Lakeside) contributed $25,000 and The Rotary Club of Chapala contributed $6000."

• Thanks 2