Chapala.com Webboard

Mariscos El Carnal

bdlngton

Just curious as I pass it all the time.  Does anybody eat there?  It always seems empty.  Why?  How does it stay in business? Has anyone eaten at another branch of El Carnal, like in Guadalajara?  I have to wonder how fresh seafood could possibly be at a restaurant that never has customers.  Being employed there must be an extremely boring job with virtually no tips.

Never anyone there, and I pass it several times a day (San Antonio). El Carnal on the curves heading to SJC is just awful, and overpriced. Certainly I checked the menu when this one opened and uncovered what to me were outrageous prices.

• Like 1

I have eaten at El Carnel in Piedra Barrenada several times. The food was okay. Service can be good or so so even if they aren't very busy.

I was going to go there to check it out, because I live in San Antonio. I read the reviews in Trip Advisor. They are almost all from Guad weekend visitors. Not only did we not go there, it almost put me off restaurants for life.

• Thanks 1

Years ago I ate at El Carnal, somewhere along the highway between Chapala and GDL on the west side of the highway.  It was really really really (did I say really?) bad and I have never gone back to any of their sucursales.