Chapala.com Webboard

Racket Club Membership?

My wife and I like to swim during the week. A year ago we rented at the Racket Club and were able to use the pool. Now that we no longer rent there, we are not allowed to use the pool. Does anyone know if there is such at thing as a membership to use the Racket Club pool?

By the way the pool during the week is often empty during the week. Often when we went to swim our laps there we were the only ones in the pool.

Thanks in advance - Sam

4 hours ago, Sam Laundon said:

My wife and I like to swim during the week. A year ago we rented at the Racket Club and were able to use the pool. Now that we no longer rent there, we are not allowed to use the pool. Does anyone know if there is such at thing as a membership to use the Racket Club pool?

By the way the pool during the week is often empty during the week. Often when we went to swim our laps there we were the only ones in the pool.

Thanks in advance - Sam

You can pay each time you use it. It is kept too hot now to do laps.(It is Raquet club not Racket)

Isn’t the whole point of having access to a pool as part of your residence in an exclusive community its exclusivity? If anyone from anywhere could pay a few pesos and use “your” pool does it not become a public pool? But if you really can do that be sure to let everyone know. I’ve got some friends with little  kids. I’d love to treat them to a day at the pool. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sam Laundon said:

Thanks for your spelling correction. Yes, I know about the hot times of the pool. That is why we only swam on Mon, Wed and Friday. I talked with the manager Ricardo a few weeks ago and he said there was no way to pay for access. Is he wrong?

Gracias - Sam

Ricardo must be right. Residents have free passes that they can give outsiders. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday it is till too hot to do laps.

5 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

The entrance gate at the office has posted  the day fees check it out

Those prices are for Tennis and Pickleball. Says so right at the top of the sign.

The new Board has a new policy for swimming: you must have a club ID card, particularly for the water aerobics classes. 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:05 PM, El Bizco said:

Those prices are for Tennis and Pickleball. Says so right at the top of the sign.

The new Board has a new policy for swimming: you must have a club ID card, particularly for the water aerobics classes. 

Seems kind of strange that one can get a pass for tennis and pickleball, but not the pool. The pool more often than not is empty during the week.

Still hoping to find a way to use the pool in the mornings during the week.