Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

My wife and I like to swim during the week. A year ago we rented at the Racket Club and were able to use the pool. Now that we no longer rent there, we are not allowed to use the pool. Does anyone know if there is such at thing as a membership to use the Racket Club pool?

By the way the pool during the week is often empty during the week. Often when we went to swim our laps there we were the only ones in the pool.

Thanks in advance - Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sam Laundon said:

My wife and I like to swim during the week. A year ago we rented at the Racket Club and were able to use the pool. Now that we no longer rent there, we are not allowed to use the pool. Does anyone know if there is such at thing as a membership to use the Racket Club pool?

By the way the pool during the week is often empty during the week. Often when we went to swim our laps there we were the only ones in the pool.

Thanks in advance - Sam

You can pay each time you use it. It is kept too hot now to do laps.(It is Raquet club not Racket)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your spelling correction. Yes, I know about the hot times of the pool. That is why we only swam on Mon, Wed and Friday. I talked with the manager Ricardo a few weeks ago and he said there was no way to pay for access. Is he wrong?

Gracias - Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t the whole point of having access to a pool as part of your residence in an exclusive community its exclusivity? If anyone from anywhere could pay a few pesos and use “your” pool does it not become a public pool? But if you really can do that be sure to let everyone know. I’ve got some friends with little  kids. I’d love to treat them to a day at the pool. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sam Laundon said:

Thanks for your spelling correction. Yes, I know about the hot times of the pool. That is why we only swam on Mon, Wed and Friday. I talked with the manager Ricardo a few weeks ago and he said there was no way to pay for access. Is he wrong?

Gracias - Sam

Ricardo must be right. Residents have free passes that they can give outsiders. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday it is till too hot to do laps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a pool available to anyone just east of S&S, actually in the same parking lot as Puritan Chicken. You'd have to go to see about open swim hours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there is but it's inside and can be a bit on the chilly side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

The entrance gate at the office has posted  the day fees check it out

Those prices are for Tennis and Pickleball. Says so right at the top of the sign.

The new Board has a new policy for swimming: you must have a club ID card, particularly for the water aerobics classes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 2:05 PM, El Bizco said:

Those prices are for Tennis and Pickleball. Says so right at the top of the sign.

The new Board has a new policy for swimming: you must have a club ID card, particularly for the water aerobics classes. 

Seems kind of strange that one can get a pass for tennis and pickleball, but not the pool. The pool more often than not is empty during the week.

Still hoping to find a way to use the pool in the mornings during the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joco has a nice large pool in the park on Hidalgo near the police station.  I do not know the hours or cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...