Chapala.com Webboard

Market Research

West5

18 hours ago, Xena said:

Sounds like people want American products sold at all the Mexican stores here and don’t want to pay extra for them despite them having to be  imported. Sounds reasonable. 

The inability to see differences between observations and criticisms could be the first sign of Cackleist syndrome.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:46 PM, Jreboll said:

It doesn’t taste the same Tiny. One is not a substitute for the other

So true.  Usually people are either mayo fans (preferablg Best Foods or Hellman's but w/out limon) or Miracle Whip aficionados.  I think there t depends on what you were raised with.  I personally think Miracle Whip is disgusting.

• Like 3

I put Miracle Whip in the same category as jello molds full of tiny marshmallows and Cheez Whiz.

But people have their "comfort foods", which tend to be things they ate as a child. Have a friend who's one of those vegan types who only eat organic and offer you fresh muffins she just made that taste like cardboard. But right after she gave birth to her son, and we asked what she'd like to eat, she requested Kraft dinner and a can of Habitant pea soup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

The inability to see differences between observations and criticisms could be the first sign of Cackleist syndrome.

I am sorry you are unable to tell the difference between my observation on some comments and criticisms. Recognizing your problem is the first step though. Good for you.

• Haha 5

I don't think you have received any real business advice.  Personally I think a dry cleaning, laundry, clothing alterations business in Riberas would really go over good.  Riberas is fast growing and there are many expats in the area.  There is a dry cleaning in West Ajijic and laundry in San Antonio and various small alteration shops  but the demand is there for a second business.  Prices being charged are equal to some state side prices.

2 hours ago, rafterbr said:

I don't think you have received any real business advice.  Personally I think a dry cleaning, laundry, clothing alterations business in Riberas would really go over good.  Riberas is fast growing and there are many expats in the area.  There is a dry cleaning in West Ajijic and laundry in San Antonio and various small alteration shops  but the demand is there for a second business.  Prices being charged are equal to some state side prices.

A barbershop in Riberas would kill as well.

A chicken rotisserie place on the highway between Walmart and the eastern edge of Riberas. Must be a good business because there's FOUR on the highway between Oxxo and La Terraza in downtown Ajijic. Plump, juicy whole chicken done on a spit... that flattened out dry road kill chicken does nothing for me. 

12 minutes ago, Ferret said:

A chicken rotisserie place on the highway between Walmart and the eastern edge of Riberas. Must be a good business because there's FOUR on the highway between Oxxo and La Terraza in downtown Ajijic. Plump, juicy whole chicken done on a spit... that flattened out dry road kill chicken does nothing for me. 

Spatchcock! 

Spatchcock! 

Spatchcock! 

Sorry... I just like saying that. 

• Haha 2

Love the eord too.  As for wider shoes any cobbler shop can widen them for you with spreaders where a B becomes a C and on thin leather a C+ width.  Even fabric tennis shoes can be stretched.

We have an outstanding pet boarding facility, just relocating to a new location near the Pantheon this week. Orson Perez and his Dog Workers. Plenty of dogs to go around, though. Reliable, honest dog walkers would be a bonus.

1 hour ago, cstone said:

We have an outstanding pet boarding facility, just relocating to a new location near the Pantheon this week. Orson Perez and his Dog Workers. Plenty of dofgs to go around, though. Reliable, honest dog walkers would be a bonus.

Dog sitters. So dog owners would not take their dogs to restaurants. The sitters can set up their business next door to each restaurant.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, More Liana said:

Not anywhere near close.

Sorry that item is closed. Everyone had they chance to lecture me about it.  HAHAHA

It is closer that ketchup and mustard.  HAHAHA

Both of them have about the same color.  HAHAHA

Both of them have a creamy texture.  HAHAHA

Hellmann's taste good on food.  HAHAHAHA

AND I FORGET TO TYPE HAHAHA THE FIRST TIME WHEN I ASK IT.

HAHAHA

If this is a serious question, find something that tastes good, looks good, sounds good, or smells good - and then stick with it. Forget about English speakers market - too small, and already very competitive for tastes good (food products), looks good (art and decor), sounds good (very talented musicians). So that leaves smells good. You have a Chinatown in New York, go there and look at those little fragrance bottles that stick to your auto dashboard. They sell billions of these in Asia. Very easy to manufacture and also retail, using those street vendors and stoplight entrepreneurs. If you can become a manufacturer/retailer the returns are as high as 600% gross profit after materials, but not labor, overhead etc. The fragrance companies are very easy to deal with, but the newest, bigselling fragrances take a year or two to reach the small business market. There is a trade publication called "Perfumier and Flavorist" which would be very useful. These are not the cheap fragrances of pine, rose, or lemon of yesteryear.

Hope this helps.