Chapala.com Webboard

Market Research

West5

Hello all! I am a new member of the website (although I check the forum from time to time). I am an American living in Guadalajara (formerly of New York) and am considering starting a business to serve the needs of the English-speaking community of Chapala. I was wondering if you could comment on products or services that you personally would like to see being offered that are either are not offered at all, or are offered but are not to your liking in your community. Thank you in advance for any and all responses provided.

Best,

Gene

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

It doesn’t taste the same Tiny. One is not a substitute for the other

No it tastes like " water, soybean oil, high-fructose corn syrup, vinegar, modified corn starch, eggs, salt, natural flavor, mustard flour, potassium sorbate, spice, and dried garlic".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Angus--Evidently you don't get out much--all of the stuff on your list is available here.

Evidently, you spend way too much at Superlake. Let me know your success at WalMart, Soriana, Fresko, Chedural, Mega, or Surtido, please.

Remember to register your business with SAT and get business number and file taxes with mexico govt.

you will be asked by the local Chapala govt for your Business licenses.

they are finally checking businesses,several persons caught caught and needed get 2019 local business license.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West5 said:

I am an American living in Guadalajara (formerly of New York) and am considering starting a business to serve the needs of the English-speaking community of Chapala.

Pretty much every business or service that appeals to the needs/wants of people from North of the Border already exists here and is being furnished by a smart, enterprising Mexican, as it should be.

Now if you want to get down to personal tastes and shopping lists filled with brand specific items, live it up.

• Thanks 1