Chapala.com Webboard

DL Renewal, Plaza Las Torres, Today

ibarra

Left Chapala area at 5:45 this morning.  Arrived at 6:30 and we were first in line to park in the underground garage which opened at 7:00AM.  We rushed upstairs and, already, there were 56 people ahead of us in line (I actually counted).  At 8:30 they ushered all of us up the stairs and we formed a line.  We were numbers 57 and 58 in line (an employee actually wrote those numbers on our documents). She sent people home when she reached 100.    It took 5 1/2 hours to go through the whole process.  Only one person looking at your documents to see if they are all there.  Then you get in another line for payment, only one person taking money.  They did give a piece of paper to those who wanted to go to Banamex and pay.  Most of the people that got out of line to go to the Bank, did not get back until after we paid right at the office.

FYI  There isn't an eye test.  You MUST have a copy of your colored CURP paper, they will not take the colored one that we printed from the computer.  Copy place is right by the office so it was convenient.  Sign indicates 50% off if you are 60 or older.  They did not want a copy of our INAPAM or DIF cards.

We tried to make an appointment on line without success before attempting this ordeal. 

So, there you have it!

• Thanks 1

Sounds onerous. I did my renewal about 4 months ago using the LCS services. Left at 9:00 AM. About 14 of us went in on a chartered bus. It was as if reservations were made. The only hold up was waiting for all 14 of us to be processed. Took about two hours then back on the bus to lakeside.

SunFan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandrita said:

Will they accept cash?  I am going to Chapala where the price is 50% less if you have your INAPAM card  Why won't they accept the CURP frpm the goverment's website that is in color?

Muchas gracias.

Officials don't have to explain why they won't accept something - they just won't and we  have to work with their requirements.

• Like 3

Sandrita, you can't renew your LICENSE in Chapala. My post indicated that we received a 50 percent discount because we are over 60. They did not NEED to see the INAPAM card. Regarding why they would not use the color printed CURP and wanted a copy...you would have to ask them. It was no big deal to spend 2 pesos and get a black and white copy. They let us get them without losing our place in line. Also, cash is the only form of payment at their office, to answer your question. 

49 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Sandrita, you can't renew your LICENSE in Chapala. My post indicated that we received a 50 percent discount because we are over 60. They did not NEED to see the INAPAM card. Regarding why they would not use the color printed CURP and wanted a copy...you would have to ask them. It was no big deal to spend 2 pesos and get a black and white copy. They let us get them without losing our place in line. Also, cash is the only form of payment at their office, to answer your question. 

I know the Chapala office is closed.

23 minutes ago, Ferret said:

If you are doing a RENEWAL, there is no form to fill out. The information is taken from your current Mexican driver's license.

Thanks for the info.  I recall when I renewed 4 years ago (my 2nd renewal) I had to fill out a form.

Muchas gracias

We did not fill out anything.  The lady at the desk looked at all of our paperwork, circled some stuff, wrote 50% discount, asked if our address or phone number had changed.  That was all, no forms.

Copy of your immigration card and original, if foreigner, copy and original passport, copy of both sides of CFE bill copied on one sheet of paper and original, if Telmex, I understand you need to copy every page of the bill and CURP colored page from their website with a black and white copy.  We took a copy of the front and back of our INAPAM card copied on one page, did not need it.

20 hours ago, ibarra said:

We tried to make an appointment on line without success before attempting this ordeal. 

Ibarra, I just checked, the appointment site works fine as always. Click on a green square. It will turn yellow, then you choose a time below,

You must go here to make the appointment: https://citas.jalisco.gob.mx/movilidad/client/newAppointment?eiid=22&lid=4

If you speak Spanish (no facilitators allowed in with you), this is the least painful way to renew.  I had an 11:30 appointment. It took me 39 minutes to walk out with my new license.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Bizco said:

Ibarra, I just checked, the appointment site works fine as always. Click on a green square. It will turn yellow, then you choose a time below,

You must go here to make the appointment: https://citas.jalisco.gob.mx/movilidad/client/newAppointment?eiid=22&lid=4

If you speak Spanish (no facilitators allowed in with you), this is the least painful way to renew.  I had an 11:30 appointment. It took me 39 minutes to walk out with my new license.

I did that, I am not unfamiliar with MX government or other sites.  It simply did not work the two days that I tried to use it. Perhaps it had something to do with the holidays.