Chapala.com Webboard

Where to Find an 18" Tire Rim

My spare tire was stolen some months back. Someone cut the cable under my Honda Pilot during a late night party and walked away with it.

I have purchased a tire and a lock but so far I can't find anyone that can locate the rim. I tried Car City and the tire place in La Huerta. Both directed me to 5 de Febrero in Guadlajara where I could probably find the one stolen from my car.

Does anyone have a source that could locate a rim locally? New or used. It's only a spare which hopefully will never be needed.

Your best bet, IMO, is to talk to your mechanic. They usually make one or two times a week to Guadalajara for parts (used) that they can't find locally. Tell him what you need, and chances are he will find it.

My mechanic for more than 10 years has done that for me on sever occasions.

Another possibility is to check out the "local" car graveyards. There is one I know on the way to Lucky Dog.

Hope this helps.

A Honda Pilot comes with a full size spare, not a doughnut. Costly to replace.

Not only the tire and rim but finding a replacement for the winch that lowers the tire on a cable. Cutting the cable makes the original one unusable.