Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox

RCman

We now have Ilox available on our street so we are considering a switch from Telmex. In coffee shop chatter with a few people, we have still one question after someone said their iPad and iPhone would not work with Ilox. Anyone else experience this problem?

I too have had Ilox for about 2 weeks now and am loving it.  I noticed yesterday that the speeds on my ipad and iphone were unusually slow all day compared to previously.  Usually I was getting between 45 and 80 Mbps, but yesterday it was as low as 5 Mbps.  However, all is back to normal today.  Who knows???  

Ask Ilox why the speed drops like that (Mine omce went to 440kbps, yes'k'). I assume that they will tell you the same thing that they told me. It's your fault; your devices aren't able to handle the speed, or we only promosed 'up tp.' or your cables are inadequate, this in spite of the fact i was using cables that Ilox supplied. All of this in spite of the fact that I had a brand new TV, the other a bit over a year old, and that my speeds varied between that 440kbps and 100mbps and that I had signed up for the 250/300 mbps Triple Double package.

Never once did Ilox respond. Until this from the Ilox President, Ing. Víctor Godínez

"We are only responsable up to the modem, if you have additional equipment in your house witch doesn't properly work or is not properly configured we are not responsible for that.

Also remember internet is a world wide interconnect from servers and computers, if a server in Buffalo or a router somewhere else has limits on line this is proper of internet.

Anyway, I have already instructed for reimbursement of your contract and technicians should be in your house tomorrow to remove equipment, a check will be sent to local office for you to pickup on Thursday.

Service will be cancelled in the morning in case you need to change equipment connection.'

Great service.
I'm sure this type of service will minmimize complaints because if you make a strong enough complaint, they will cancel your contract, UNILATERALLY!
Which, of course, means that you really don't have a contract.
Even so, i have to wish Ilox the best because i want the best for my community.
But, don't wait for me to spit on them if I see them on fire!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just got information from one user who was getting 100Mbps, then realized the ethernet jack on the PC was the older 100 type; switched that to a gigabit jack and today is getting far higher than contracted for. Hope they don't mind me posting the new speed:.

So have faith, everyone...

1061946155_Iloxspeed.png.5824d2c23c2b80074d07d930b71f7622.png

• Like 2

over the past year i have been highly succesfully installing free iptv on fire sticks in the area. (1800 pesos no monthly fees) pm me for details.

since ilox went in i started getting calls that the apps werent working.

was an ilox problem to do with private and public ip address they supply. 

with the help of tom kessker and the support staff at ilox they have quickly and efficiently solved the problem. so surprised to hear of the bad experience.

There wereb a series of e-mails to a not-disinterested, but allegedly unaffiliated 3rd party which were cc to Ilox.

There were many and I'm not about to get into a spittissing contest about who said what and when and to who including requests not to publish.

I know this: I was not provided with the agreed upon service; I complained; as the issue escalated, so did my responses to this 3rd party; during this process several other parties became involved.

In any case, Ilox never contacted after the initial complaint which was filed by the original installer. Neither did Ilox ever respond to the original complaint.

The following has little or nothing to do with the roiginal complaibnt, but I mention it to illustrate how many compmnaies handle their custimer service. Before and during the original installation, my wife and I were told by 5 different Ilox people when we requested to cancel the TV service that we could not because 'You have a contract!"

Some contract.

Without ever communicating with me in any fashion at all in response to my issues, my so-called 'contract' was unilaterally cancelled by Ilox. The  no- disinterested, but allegedly unaffiliated 3rd party even went so far as to allege that Ilox was in its right to do so.

As i said, I wish Ilox the best because that would best serve my commiunity.

If I were ever dumb enough  to file a complaint with the authorities, 'dumb enough' because what would I win if I won? (more 'service' from Ilox), the entire documented series of e-mails would be produced. Since that will never be the case, this will be the end of it.

Believe who and what you wish.

With regards to NLU's saga with ILOX.... my opinion....  regardless of 'who did what', and based on what has been shared, this incident could and should never be used as any kind of example of anything.... good or bad. It's certain that NLU is not happy and maybe he should not be, but how would anyone ascertain the relevance of his plight to our reality. 

• Like 2

Yes, I agree it sounds familiar but.....  probably only to persons who have/had an interest in 'technology' to begin with due to a job or.... just interest. Rank and file folks, who are the majority, would just not have nor should they have had IMO any clue about such things. 'They' hear (as in this example) "fiber optics, fantastic speeds, access to TV and phones etc etc etc" but they never hear that they may not be able to achieve good or any service at all unless they change out some of their hardware/software'. WE technicians just forget to mention that part or assume that they would know due to..... osmosis if nothing else!

Yes, there is the 'fact' that they should be responsible for their own situations and maybe ask or research more before buying, but I can only stretch that reasoning so far. 

• Like 1