Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Yes, Bisbee Gal, I want wifi  because I do not want an ethernet cable snaking out of my bathroom closet across a landing to the modem.

Not necessary, as the ECU sits right next to the internet modem, and picks up the solar data via ZiBee wireless or right from the house power lines (PLC) depending on the model.    Works great, and STI has over 6 years as a national distributor with this line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Go Solar said:

Not necessary, as the ECU sits right next to the internet modem, and picks up the solar data via ZiBee wireless or right from the house power lines (PLC) depending on the model.    Works great, and STI has over 6 years as a national distributor with this line.

Some system don't work that way.  For example, mine goes directly from the solar system to the wi-fi router, no extra devices. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, wifi sent from a central inverter can do that, however the per panel monitoring ability is not there.  

Not knocking them, STI has many brands of that type as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about the reporting of the solar plant and how to connect it to the web is fine but doesn't address OP's problem.  The OP said that the system was checked out.

The OP needs a reporting of the net (generation vs usage) by billing period from their system.  So that can be compared with CFE has. What will provide that? 

The OP needs to address was the system was designed too small, was an increase of usage, reporting problem to CFE, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, wait, please. I do agree with Tiny that none of this helps the OP but I just want to understand something properly.

Bisbee Gal's system is ethernet cabled to the ilox modem so she didn't have to have a service call. Mine is not. So, for those of us with wifi communicating systems, we will still need to have that service call (no charge) to do the change over when iLox is installed. Correct?????

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very easy to check, the low tech way works too!....., grab a pen and paper and a calendar.....

Take the total solar production in kWh for any period of time (even if there is no online monitoring, this should be available from the inverter display panel or a separate small digital solar production meter)

Add the "use from CFE" (the 1.8.0 CFE meter figure, for the same period), >>> let's say it was 400 kWh

Subtract the "sent to CFE" (the 2.8.0 figure) >>> let's say it was 200 kWh

This result is the total consumption, of the time period. 

So now you know 2 things:

1 - what the system produced during the time period (let's say it shows 600 kWh for 2 months which is a CFE billing period for residential)

2 - what the total consumption was during the time period (the 600, + 400, -200 = 800 kWh) and the net billed from CFE would be 200 kWh or about 200 to 250 pesos.

You can do this for just a couple of days, the same way, and then extrapolate out from there.    Most folks know what their system should produce on a decent sun day, the rest is knowing the consumption pattern and history.    One or the other has changed, if the bills have gone haywire >>> the next step is just figuring out which, and why.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ferret said:

we will still need to have that service call

Yes or No.

Once you change the internet provider, your network and password will. If you have an app and know how to use it, you can change it yourself.  If you don't, you will need a service call.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Go Solar said:

Very easy to check, the low tech way works too!....., grab a pen and paper and a calendar.....

Take the total solar production in kWh for any period of time (even if there is no online monitoring, this should be available from the inverter display panel or a separate small digital solar production meter)

Add the "use from CFE" (the 1.8.0 CFE meter figure, for the same period), >>> let's say it was 400 kWh

Subtract the "sent to CFE" (the 2.8.0 figure) >>> let's say it was 200 kWh

This result is the total consumption, of the time period. 

So now you know 2 things:

1 - what the system produced during the time period (let's say it shows 600 kWh for 2 months which is a CFE billing period for residential)

2 - what the total consumption was during the time period (the 600, + 400, -200 = 800 kWh) and the net billed from CFE would be 200 kWh or about 200 to 250 pesos.

You can do this for just a couple of days, the same way, and then extrapolate out from there.

How can I get my house usage from two months ago? Not what CFE says.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tiny said:

Yes or No.

Once you change the internet provider, your network and password will. If you have an app and know how to use it, you can change it yourself.  If you will need a service call.

Clear as mud.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, many thanks for your recommendations.  I took photos of the meter a few days ago and again just now.  Maybe it's too much peroxide from my hair coloring that has soaked into my brain, but I'm not seeing quite what is described in your responses.  The meter flashes 3 different sets of numbers.  The first set looks like all 000000  or all  8888888.  Then, it shows 14588 and next it shows 23309.  Today, it shows 14582 and then 23389.

Based upon this, can someone help me understand what I'm seeing?  Apparently I need some "man-spraining", LOL.

Cheers,

Valerie  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ferret said:

Clear as mud.

Sorry about that.  Two of my bad points just came out. I get ahead of myself and sometimes (most of the time) I don't reread what I had just written.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thevalerieleigh said:

Hi all, many thanks for your recommendations.  I took photos of the meter a few days ago and again just now.  Maybe it's too much peroxide from my hair coloring that has soaked into my brain, but I'm not seeing quite what is described in your responses.  The meter flashes 3 different sets of numbers.  The first set looks like all 000000  or all  8888888.  Then, it shows 14588 and next it shows 23309.  Today, it shows 14582 and then 23389.

Based upon this, can someone help me understand what I'm seeing?  Apparently I need some "man-spraining", LOL.

Cheers,

Valerie  :)

What would help is if there are  codes on the pics/meters, like 1and 11 or 1.8.0 and 2.8.0.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your meter display looks like these? Notice the 1.8.0 and 2.8.0 in the right corner.

IMG_20190424_085323.thumb.jpg.a708c8141e06a1ce46aa554fe285ac0c.jpgIMG_20190424_085319.thumb.jpg.7d17ec24455927e3c242efc20af79fcf.jpg

If your meter is like the ones in these pics, the 1.8.0 display is what you used from CFE and 2.8.0 display is the net amount sent to CFE. Net amount is the amount your solar panels generate minus what your house used from the panels.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...