Chapala.com Webboard

Teeth cleaning

Herman

It is not Dr. Haro who does the cleaning. He has a trained dental hygienist that's why I said "Dr. Haro's office". She's very thorough and shows you a before and after digital photo. I've been getting my teeth cleaned every six months for most of my life. She's good.

• Like 1

I agree. She is very gentle and she used to do my teeth but, this year, I have been handed over to someone new there. She has been doing the cleaning in an dental cubicle upstairs. That's OK for me but anyone who is not as mobile had better say so when making an appointment.

In the US that’s the way it started.  X-ray techs, respiratory techs, instrument techs, etc. all started with on the job learning until formal schooling was developed.  The technician that I used, although not a dental hygienist, did attend a formal program at a local college.

4 hours ago, Guiness said:

Actually if it was Juan who cleaned your teeth, he is not a dentist. He is a student and does not have a licence to practice anything yet.  Be careful

Strange. I don't remember you being in the room with me.  Candy's brother,  Juan  Pablo did not clean my teeth.  A female DENTISTA did. Candy introduced her to us some time ago. We have been going to Candy since she opened an office lakeside many years ago. Know her and her family. So, your comment "be careful " should apply to those making statements without knowing the facts.