Chapala.com Webboard

Kids, youth, living in Ajijic / Chapala area?

MARINA

Hey all.  We are currently in Gdl.  We have a 17yr old daughter.  We are exploring our options for long term.  Gdl is great but not quite we were planning. 

Are there families with younger kids or Teens in your area?

As summer approaches we are hoping she can volunteer also.  In the US she spent some of the weeks volunteering in VBS helping teachers.

Hoping she can find some similar opportunities.

Forums and facebook groups make it seem like it is mostly just retired folk in the area.

I appreciate any info.

There are younger families here. But I don't know how many. I have met them in theater and also in some of the animal organizations here. Hopefully, some of them will post here.

If your daughter is considering  continuing  her education then then logically location  is to stay in Guadalajara, all the University are there 

With out knowing  more of your background..I am assuming you or your  husband are employed in Guadalajara..your pool of friends must be huge compared with what is available  at Lakeside also tne opportunity to met people of similar economic background etc and stuff to do in Guad...with respect your family would find Lakeside a cultural  desert compared to Guad

• Sad 2