Chapala.com Webboard

My Magic Jack has bitten the dust

Quite often, it is the charging adapter that is burned out. You can get one with the same voltage at WalMart... any USB charger, practically. Or, as I mentioned on the other board, remember that long distance is free from here, and there is Skype, FaceTime, FaceBook Messenger, WhatsApp and any number of other apps to get your friends and family through.

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Quite often, it is the charging adapter that is burned out. You can get one with the same voltage at WalMart... any USB charger, practically. Or, as I mentioned on the other board, remember that long distance is free from here, and there is Skype, FaceTime, FaceBook Messenger, WhatsApp and any number of other apps to get your friends and family through.

I believe with Skype and Magic Jack you can lease/get a phone number so you can receive landline calls (like banks...).  I could be wrong.

Can you do that with the other apps?  

You can test the device by inserting it into a PC USB port and starting the MagcJack app. If it works then the problem is the adapter. If not the device is toast.

When mine blew I had to talk to support, which of of course is painful, and get them to point me to a place to download the PC app (Windows). It doesn't seem readily available on the Internet. If you don't have the app and have a PC let me know and I'll get it to you.

It sill costs to replace the device regardless of the subscription. They won't ship to Mexico so either you find one here somehow or order one online for someone to bring down. 

The subscription is annual or now a 3 year. It used to be 5 years for $100 but now it's $90 for 3 and $40 for 1.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:46 PM, Metuchenmama said:

My Magic Jack has died and I need to replace it with a new one that has never been used.  If you have one I am in the market.

Please contact me .  Thanks,  MetuchenMama

You can buy one on MercadoLibre for $99 mn with free shipping here

https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/magic-jack-plus#D[A:magic jack plus]

On 4/25/2019 at 4:46 PM, Metuchenmama said:

My Magic Jack has died and I need to replace it with a new one that has never been used.  If you have one I am in the market.

Please contact me .  Thanks,  MetuchenMama

On 5/01/19 here is the renewal amount:

Charge Date Qty Description Unit Price Subtotal
05/05/2019 1 1 Year AUTO Renewal for magicJackGO $39.00 $39.00
05/05/2019 1 Administration Fee $3.51 $3.51
05/05/2019 1 TX State Sales Tax $2.63 $2.63
Order Total:  $45.14