Chapala.com Webboard

AT&T Plan?

FrankyOP

Hey all got a question.  I heard this from someone not that long ago who is also in Mexico and i want to know more about it.  Someone tells me he has AT&T here and basically every month goes to walmart and pays 300 pesos for the monthly fee.  He then says he gets unlimited everything... meaning unlimited call to anyone in North America.  He also says he gets unlimited data as well.  That seems way too good to be true.  He says he activated it by going to the AT&T cellular area at walmart.  Its not in chapala but another part of mexico where im located and he is as well as he said was in same city.

Does anyone know about this plan?  He also tells me he could tether it as well.. meaning use it as hotspot for a computer though.  Then again, most companies do allow this.   Does anyone know if there exist this plan?  Seems way too good to be true because if you enter a 300 peso code with telcel, you get 2.5gb only.

I'm assuming if there is this plan... you cannot roam outside Mexico with it correct?  I assume you can't add more credit to it if you plan to use it in the US?   I assume you could add credit to it like Telcel but if you do any roaming, it eats up your balance?

The other thing is could you get this plan if you are a tourist?  I don't know why but i thought that might be another catch?  Thus only residents can get this?

Because 300 pesos paid every month for unlimited call to north america and data while in Mexico... that seems way too good to be true.