Chapala.com Webboard

ATM problem...

The last two times I've attempted to use my wells fargo debit card at HSBC, Multiva or CI banks I have received a message that "we are temporarily unable to complete this transaction with your institution". Plenty of funds in account and never received that message before. Card worked at the hardware store and garden center same day. I have checked with wells fargo and they did an extensive search on my account and there are no fraud alerts etc. They showed the transactions at the merchants, but no record of a transaction tried at an ATM. Ideas?

I have made the mistake of removing the card before the transaction finished and received the same message. The machine needs to be able to read the chip in order to connect with the bank... My child bride of 56 years explained this to me and YES she was correct!

I have a Wells Fargo card and the same happens each time and at eat ATM  and no matter what amount of money I ask for.  I leave HSBC, go around to CI banco and get money in whatever denomination I want.  It is an HSBC problem.  I just go to CI Banco now after multi attempts.

I too had the same problem with my Well Fargo card at HSBC.  Went back 2 days later and it still did not work. I went to Wal-Mart and tried the 2 ATMs that are there. Again, got a similar message from both ATMs  and no money. Then called Wells Fargo, and they said, no problem with the card. The next day I went to Super Lake and was able to get money from their ATM. None of this makes any sense to me.  When I need money again, I will try HSBC one more time, but I do not like their exchange rates.

7 hours ago, monadog said:

None of this makes any sense to me. 

main-qimg-d68da5297e6e808d962aaf38b4d1f146.png.aba8a418f7681d8c9caa82f91a6bcb91.png

Different ATM's use different ATM Networks.  That is one reason your card may not work at one companies/banks's ATM but may work at a different companies/bank's ATM. Also, if the problem is at a ATM network, your bank will not have any idea that there is a problem.

1 hour ago, monadog said:

My problem is exactly the same as Elevator's. I have been using any ATM I was standing near for years and no problems. Now something has changed. That's what makes no sense to me.

I don't know how to explain it any other way.