Chapala.com Webboard

VERY GOOD STORY

It is with great pleasure I tell you of ANOTHER outstanding Mexican . Last Thursday at Multiva bank ATM I placed my wallet on top of the ATM while completing my transaction and it fell behind the ATM where I could not reach it due to the wooden cover  .After the panic subsided I realized that not only could I not reach the wallet , no one else could either except someone from the bank . I knew the bank was closed until Monday so I figured I would just wait until then ,go to the bank and get my wallet back. This didn't keep me from worrying about it .Today at 1:30 my phone rang and it was a man from the security company that services the ATM's .He said to his surprise  when he removed the cover to fill the ATM he saw my wallet on the floor .He went thru the wallet, found my phone number and called me .I met him at Multiva in about 30 minutes and he returned my wallet .He asked me to look thru it to make sure everything was there .It was, including 1000 pesos that I keep well hidden for emergencies. I thanked him several times and offered him a reward and he refused , said he was doing his job .He seemed very proud that he was able to return it and save me much grief .Again I offered the reward and again he refused .Finally I had to almost put it in his pocket to get him to take it and even then he seemed uncomfortable . I will not give his name in case he violated some company policy by taking the reward but tomorrow I will tell his company (COMETRA SECURIDAD ) what a great employee they have and I will also go to Multiva and let them know. If you've ever lost a wallet you know how stressful that can be .I know a lot of you would have expected him to keep the money , throw the wallet away and go on his way. Not every person is like that  .Right is right no matter the country or nationality. Thank you again my new friend.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Senoir D said:

It is with great pleasure I tell you of ANOTHER outstanding Mexican . Last Thursday at Multiva bank ATM I placed my wallet on top of the ATM while completing my transaction and it fell behind the ATM where I could not reach it due to the wooden cover  .After the panic subsided I realized that not only could I not reach the wallet , no one else could either except someone from the bank . I knew the bank was closed until Monday so I figured I would just wait until then ,go to the bank and get my wallet back. This didn't keep me from worrying about it .Today at 1:30 my phone rang and it was a man from the security company that services the ATM's .He said to his surprise  when he removed the cover to fill the ATM he saw my wallet on the floor .He went thru the wallet, found my phone number and called me .I met him at Multiva in about 30 minutes and he returned my wallet .He asked me to look thru it to make sure everything was there .It was, including 1000 pesos that I keep well hidden for emergencies. I thanked him several times and offered him a reward and he refused , said he was doing his job .He seemed very proud that he was able to return it and save me much grief .Again I offered the reward and again he refused .Finally I had to almost put it in his pocket to get him to take it and even then he seemed uncomfortable . I will not give his name in case he violated some company policy by taking the reward but tomorrow I will tell his company (COMETRA SECURIDAD ) what a great employee they have and I will also go to Multiva and let them know. If you've ever lost a wallet you know how stressful that can be .I know a lot of you would have expected him to keep the money , throw the wallet away and go on his way. Not every person is like that  .Right is right no matter the country or nationality. Thank you again my new friend.

That's a wonderful good news story!  You said you didn't want to mention the man's name in case he would get in trouble with his company, but then you mentioned the company name.  If they were to read this, they would know exactly who you're talking about anyway.  They know who was on duty to service those machines on this particular day.

1 hour ago, suegarn said:

That's a wonderful good news story!  You said you didn't want to mention the man's name in case he would get in trouble with his company, but then you mentioned the company name.  If they were to read this, they would know exactly who you're talking about anyway.  They know who was on duty to service those machines on this particular day.

And  since you had to point that fact out.  HAHAHAHA