Chapala.com Webboard

US Notary Public.

I know this has all been expounded upon in detail.  I am not interested in going over all of that again.  I just need a US Notary Public who will Notarize a paper for me.  I am not interested in paying the US Consulate in Guad to do it.  Does anyone know an active US Notary Public in the area, and how can I reach them.  I have already tried to contact Handi Mail, but they must be closed.

RVGringo has the best suggestion on this from last year:

"A Notario can do it, and it is legal by international treaty.  Whoever said that it had to be a US notary public is wrong.  You can only use a US notary in the USA and in his local jurisdiction. The exception is a consular notarization at the US Consulate in Guadalajara.

We have used Notaria #5 in Chapala for US transactions, including a real estate sale."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tarheel103 said:

I know this has all been expounded upon in detail.  I am not interested in going over all of that again.  I just need a US Notary Public who will Notarize a paper for me.  I am not interested in paying the US Consulate in Guad to do it.  Does anyone know an active US Notary Public in the area, and how can I reach them.  I have already tried to contact Handi Mail, but they must be closed.

Check your mail.

14 hours ago, Lily H said:

Besides the Consulate's office, you're allowed "to have a document notarized by a local foreign notary and then have the document authenticated for use in the United States."

That quotation is rather generic for any foreign notary. Mexican Notarios require no additional authorization for USA use, as it is covered by a treaty agreement.

You may use a Mexican Notaria office for any of your USA needs, and it will be quite legal, in spite of the possible ignorance of the recipient.  I suggest that you don't ask; just send the document. It is particularly impressive and bears a very fancy holographic seal. It will be accepted.