Chapala.com Webboard

Colonoscopy

10 minutes ago, Creature of Habit said:

I had one at Dr Leon’s office, which was on a Saturday, then I was sent to an Endoscopy clinic in the Chapultepec area, don’t remember the name.  I think they were both around $5,000 Pesos at that time.

You had two on the same day?  I would never go to that Dr. again. 

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

You had two on the same day?  I would never go to that Dr. again. 

Doing the two together is common and for many people preferred. Get them over with. However, they are usually done in the same place, at the same  time under general anesthesia. Around 14,000 pesos for both which includes everything, the doctor, hospital, and anesthesiologist. This is in Guadalajara. I would not have it done in a doctor’s office, go to different places for the procedures, or be awake for them. I am a medical coward. 

• Like 1

Dr. Daniel Brisenio at Quality Care across from Tio Sams on the Libremiento.  He will see you at his office here and then recommend a hospital and set it up for you.  Never, ever would I have it done in a doctor's office or clinic here Lakeside.  That is just asking for disaster and I certainly would not use a doctor that is so overly confident or bent on making a peso that he would participate in that scenario.  I am one that learned that lesson as I had it done once in the States and my intestines were punctured.  I had to have emergency surgery and was very sick for about 3 weeks.  Had I been in someone's office in Ajijic and an hour away from a hospital,  I would have not made it.  And, yes, both procedures should be done at the same time if both are needed!  Good luck to you.  If you decide on Dr. Briesno I believe you will be happy with the care you receive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lily H said:

There's no pain.

Half of Europe and some countries in Asia do it.

I'm not suggesting it but it's an option.

No pain??? Trust me.... that is NOT true for most.  Had my first one without sedation because I mistakenly drank a glass of water 4 hours before the procedure and docs (Tolsa Lab in Guad) refused to proceed unless no sedation.  NEVER again!!   Same thing done at Tolsa again with sedation....    simple.  Prep was worse than the procedure!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lily H said:

There's no pain.

Half of Europe and some countries in Asia do it.

I'm not suggesting it but it's an option.

I have had a colonoscopy and assisted in colonoscopy procedures. And while it is true that there are no pain receptors in that area the pain is caused when air is introduced to dilate the colon or water is used to clear out fecal matter.  Under experienced personnel a light sedation makes the whole procedure much more tolerable.

I had one done at Rio Groupo on Lopez Mateos in Guadalajara in February. It cost 6,490 pesos. A good experience. My doctor in Jocotepec recommended this clinic. I don't know the name of the person who actually did it.

A team from  Guadalajara performs colonoscopies at the Ajijic Clinic once a month on Saturdays.

You can book either at the clinic or at Dr Leon's cost is/was about $5000 + the prep solution.

Found and removed all the cancerous tissue in my wife's colon,  that was confirmed when she later had her colon removed.

That is about the best recommendation I can give.

I have had two colonoscopies at the Ajijic Hospital, and through Dr. Leon's office.  The team is also from GDL.   I appreciate the comments of those who prefer to have it done at a hospital in GDL, but it was my choice and I was happy with it.  The first one involved removal of a polyp and Dr. Leon recommended I  have another the next year, due to the size of the polyp removed, to make  sure it had not grown back.  After the second one at the same hospital  I was given a clean bill of health and am good for another five years.

2 hours ago, ibbocat said:

A team from  Guadalajara performs colonoscopies at the Ajijic Clinic once a month on Saturdays.

You can book either at the clinic or at Dr Leon's cost is/was about $5000 + the prep solution.

Found and removed all the cancerous tissue in my wife's colon,  that was confirmed when she later had her colon removed.

That is about the best recommendation I can give.

If they did remove all cancerous polips why she had to have her colon later removed??? does not sound right to me

On 4/19/2019 at 7:03 AM, Creature of Habit said:

I had one at Dr Leon’s office, which was on a Saturday, then I was sent to an Endoscopy clinic in the Chapultepec area, don’t remember the name.  I think they were both around $5,000 Pesos at that time.

I really don't think you meant Dr. Leon's office.  I have had them done by a team that comes from GDL, and they are done at the Ajijic Hospital.  You should clarify this as you have mislead people.