Chapala.com Webboard
jonnyintrouble

Suggestion Box

May I be so bold?

Jeez, a person without health issues, or who already knows where to renew his passport, or who doesn't need a new Internet connection, which restaurant has the best salt might not find something he/she can relate to here.  And the social activities are not so attractive; American Legion, a bake sale, bridge club, sewing club, Bingo, etc.  I guess the idea is to promote retirement,  and that's none of my business.  But it's like saying, the adventurous and healthy need not apply.  Even a guy or gal in his 50s would be turned off.

Films!  Just about everybody watches movies.  And a good one gives you lots to talk about.  If a picture is worth a thousand words what's a film worth .. a million?  And just to talk about the film industry, actors, directors and such is also worth a million.

The Collectibles sub-forum doesn't have a single post.  In fact the whole Mexico forum is wanting in some way or another.  People are much more interested in Lakeside than the country they are living in.  And it's all about Mexico.  Where can you go to get the skinny on Costa Rica, Panama?  They are both good retiree options.  Apart from being farther away Costa Rica is much more beautiful, the people much more civilized and paradise for a single person, man or woman.  And if we post about it we're off topic and likely to be closed or deleted.  

You all know what lurkers are, right?  They usually out-number members at least 10:1.  Don't they matter?  

A travel forum?  Not travel within Mexico but travel.  Not all of us are settlers.  Is everyone who clicks on here looking for real estate?    That would be nice but not a reality.

• Like 1

In other words, Jonny would like to see a whole different kind of forum than the one that's been designed.  Got that.👽  Off with you to Facebook, Jonny.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gringal said:

In other words, Jonny would like to see a whole different kind of forum than the one that's been designed.  Got that.👽  Off with you to Facebook, Jonny.

Let me explain what a forum is, nugget.  This is a webboard. Let's talk about our furry and feathered friends is a forum.  Let's talk about our bladders would also be a forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

The title of this webboard may give Mr. Trouble a little clue as to why this site focuses on lakeside??? 

Most people read this site to find information about living/moving to the Lake Chapala area. There are many forums on this webboard but obviously the majority of posts are regarding living here. His interests seem to not be directed in the same way and one wonders why he spends so much time on this site? Why Mr. Trouble does it bother you so? I certainly do not find every post interesting but it is a good spot to find out information and ask questions that are pertinent to a variety of people. I agree that the majority of posts are focused on the elderly and that might not garner all the excitement Mr. Trouble is looking for but he has choices. One would be to find a more appropriate site to his interests instead of frequently posting about why this site does not meet his "standards" or personal needs. The fact is that Lake Chapala is a very popular retirement area and of all the chat sites that I have found about retiring SOB, this one has a lot of dialogue and posts. Many others only have occasional posts and because of that not the best or most pertinent information for those seeking it.

Perhaps Mr. Trouble might be better served in starting his own thread for those younger of heart and body? Perhaps Mr. Troubles often demeaning posts contribute to threads being closed or deleted?  I do not understand the need to disparage other peoples posts so often or why trying to negate the value this webboard gives him or anyone else any pleasure:/ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I'm somehow sure this web board as it appears today isn't as it appeared on its infancy.  The webmaster has augmented as time passed.  He/she decided to add Collectibles to the Classified forum, for example.  Not a single post.  There are other forums as well that aren't dead but in a coma. 

Why not replace the dead with choices that might enjoy more life?  If one is public service-minded he might consider the lurkers.  Every member here was once a lurker.  They're good for business.  Your membership numbers are a big factor in your web board's worth.

I'm not the only person in the www world who is single, traveled, wanting to learn all he can before he departs.  The web board has a target in this case.  Through deduction it's easy to see what it is.

People want to know what's happening at Lakeside as a means to narrow their destination choices. 

So he clicks on and finds what? 

Maybe he isn't 80.  Maybe he/she likes live music, dancing, dating but instead finds people who love to talk about their health issues and ask questions easily found with Google.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, Tiny said:

People that just want to make comments about each other is a forum.  HAHAHA

Exactly.  Someone dumps on you and all of a sudden seven of her friends post sour faces on your post.  Just like junior high schoolers.  Can't express themselves so an ugly face from the smiley trove will have to do.  

I bet few here are interested in travel outside of Mexico.  Tuff stuff when you have to tote an oxygen tank and two kilos of meds with you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

From the "nugget's" point of view, Jonny's position is that since this web board doesn't address HIS interests, there must be something wrong with it. It would make more sense for Jonny to go where he's appreciated than for the web board to change to suit Jonny.  Quite simply, he is outnumbered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Susy Wilson said:

The title of this webboard may give Mr. Trouble a little clue as to why this site focuses on lakeside??? 

Call me Jonny, please.  Which webboard, there are two.  One includes the word, Guadalajara.  The other one starts with a forum called, How to die in Mexico.  Charming. 

29 minutes ago, Susy Wilson said:

Why Mr. Trouble does it bother you so?

Why would it bother me?  I'm only concerned about your lost opportunity.  

33 minutes ago, Susy Wilson said:

One would be to find a more appropriate site to his interests instead of frequently posting about why this site does not meet his "standards" or personal needs.

Frequently?  Doesn't meet my standards?  You remind me of a certain politician.  Add redaction and spin to your interests.

16 minutes ago, gringal said:

From the "nugget's" point of view, Jonny's position is that since this web board doesn't address HIS interests, there must be something wrong with it. It would make more sense for Jonny to go where he's appreciated than for the web board to change to suit Jonny.  Quite simply, he is outnumbered. 

Oh sure all my 927 posts were on OPs where I had no interest.  And why are you posting here.  You should be on the Canadian Meds For Less forum.  Or maybe the red hot Kidney Stone Forum.  Oops, here comes a dozen sour faces from your clique.  Duck Jonny, duck!  

Here's an idea: A Let's Chat About Our Health forum.  So as to consolidate the boredom from the good stuff.

• Haha 3

The Web board is called Chapala.com . Chapala! About Chapala and for expat people who have chosen to live here. The various forums are for expats living in Chapala who have questions about other things as it relates to PEOPLE LIVING IN CHAPALA. 

7 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Oh sure all my 927 posts were on OPs where I had no interest.  And why are you posting here.  You should be on the Canadian Meds For Less forum.  Or maybe the red hot Kidney Stone Forum.  Oops, here comes a dozen sour faces from your clique.  Duck Jonny, duck!  

Here's an idea: A Let's Chat About Our Health forum.  So as to consolidate the boredom from the good stuff.

It's never too late.

• Like 1

Surely you could come up with some more creative insults that that, Jonny: ones that fit.   You'r probably getting close to the "too much" personal insults line anyway if you want to continue having the privilege of raving and ranting on here.

It's much more time efficient to click icons that match your reaction to a post than to bother writing out one's opinion, in case you haven't thought of it.  

6 minutes ago, gringal said:

Surely you could come up with some more creative insults that that, Jonny: ones that fit.   You'r probably getting close to the "too much" personal insults line anyway if you want to continue having the privilege of raving and ranting on here.

It's much more time efficient to click icons that match your reaction to a post than to bother writing out one's opinion, in case you haven't thought of it.  

If your wanting to be a mod you might need to add a spell check to your rig. You'r

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

If your wanting to be a mod you might need to add a spell check to your rig. You'r

Typing error, and you knew it. Petty as hell...as usual.  I have no wish to be a Mod, but it appears that you'd revel in the authority.

Call me Jonny, please.  Which webboard, there are two.  One includes the word, Guadalajara.  The other one starts with a forum called, How to die in Mexico.  Charming.

Sorry.....don't know you well enough to use the first name of your moniker:/ The webboard this is posted on is https://www.chapala.com/ so the expectation that it is about Lake Chapala is not far fetched:-) 

Why would it bother me?  I'm only concerned about your lost opportunity.  

So kind of you to voice your concerns.....but in reality I seriously doubt it is based in kindness:/ 

Frequently?  Doesn't meet my standards?  You remind me of a certain politician.  Add redaction and spin to your interests.

Hahaha:-) You certainly read a lot that is not there if I remind you of a certain politician:)

Your obvious attempts to bait almost everyone you respond to is much more indicative of your intention. A troll is a troll even when their first name is "Jonny":-) I have not interacted with your posts before this and will not do so moving forward. It is unfortunate that you feel the need to put your stamp on so many posts here when your responses are nearly always confrontational or negative. There are a few that are comical but most are just mean and made for your own amusement. I am done feeding the troll:p

• Like 2

Here's the meat of the matter:  I'm going to retire soon.  Can't afford retirement in the USA, and don't want to be the last person to leave Canada. I need a cheap community with a nice climate.  Let's see, oh, here's a forum on Google, Chapala.com.  CLICK.

How to change a light bulb; Why does my bladder drip; I'm in San Antonio, where's the nearest doctor; Why is iLox ripping me off; Special Bingo Happenings Every Friday Night; What's that smell in my tinaco; How dare the municipality not repair these roads;  I hate the noise coming from that tavern, I'm going to call the police;  How do I get from here to McAllen in my Canadian-plated SUV?

Is this the destination for me?  As I mentioned, this is bad for business.  Living is much more attractive than dying.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Susy Wilson said:

Your obvious attempts to bait almost everyone you respond to is much more indicative of your intention

Is he a "master bait-er"? HAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, gringal said:

Typing error, and you knew it. Petty as hell...as usual.  I have no wish to be a Mod, but it appears that you'd revel in the authority.

I know, I do it too.  For me it's you and not your.

9 minutes ago, Susy Wilson said:

most are just mean

Oh cry me a river.  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission _Eleanor Roosevelt

For me nobody can make to feel anything without your permission.  If frankness offends you maybe you could read that old book, I'm Okay, You're Okay.  Or any of the self-help publications.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2