Chapala.com Webboard

Lunch at La Vita Bella

lakeside7

We very much enjoyed our lunch to day the La Vita Bella.......... the ambiance, views etc makes the location great place to celebrate.

BUT....... I continue to be amazed at the total lack of respect of the Male companion/partners....they come in looking like they have just finished gardening...

Why Why do the female partners go out with some person who has not made the effort to change his shirt or get rid of that gruby baseball cap, which  he does not bother to remove during the meal.

Whilst the customers were mostly Mexicans......, this mode of dress is equally found amongst the Gringo crowd.

Perhaps the ladies can answer the question..When you have made a big effort to look glamorous ....why do you go out with your partner looking so untidy?...I hope he is potty trained

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I continue to be amazed at the total lack of respect of the Male companion/partners....they come in looking like they have just finished gardening...

Since you asked...

mgtow.jpg?width=480&height=480

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Patán y/o naco = hillbilly, mas o menos

I tend to translate "naco" to "white trash" so as not to be geographically specific. ("Patán" is a new and useful word for me, so thanks for that.) All of these phrases circle the same area. Apologies to everyone for the language detour....

...back to lunch at La Vita Bella.

People often let themselves go upon retirement.  They don't have to wear a suit, so apparently it's too much trouble to put on a pair of long pants and a shirt. Thus, the "hilbilly/white trash" dress suitable for gardening and drinking beer in the patio.   The main thing amiss is that they've usually let their body go, too...so the overall visual grossity is complete.

Where is this restaurant, along with hours and menu generalities?

54 minutes ago, gringal said:

The main thing amiss is that they've usually let their body go, too...so the overall visual grossity is complete.

I doubt the white land-whales I see waddling about Chapala put that flab on since retirement.

Tapatios often describe lakeside expats as, "Noisy, poorly dressed, rude, and obnoxious.  They are quite aware of the aversion to learning Spanish, or the polite customs of the place where they live.  Of course, if we do not learn to understand some Spanish, we will never overhear such comments.........🙉

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Tapatios often describe lakeside expats as, "Noisy, poorly dressed, rude, and obnoxious. 

I have not heard one word, good or bad, from the Tapatios I know. It is like they could care less.

5 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

You should hear what Tapatios say about Chilangos... trust me, Tapatios are equal-opportunity insulters.

Yeah, I learned a good one from a Tapatio.  A Chilango next to him sneezed and he replied "Saludca".  Saludca, por que saludca?  Tapatio grinned and explained, "Salud cabr*n".

• Haha 1

What I do not understand is the unkempt looking expats who apparently have no self esteem. Doesn't everyone realize they are representing the country they are coming from? There is so little respect for the Mexicans, Mexico and the home country of the expat. I am sure the majority of these expats would not go out in slovenly attire, unkempt hair etc when in their own country.

8 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

What I do not understand is the unkempt looking expats who apparently have no self esteem. Doesn't everyone realize they are representing the country they are coming from? There is so little respect for the Mexicans, Mexico and the home country of the expat. I am sure the majority of these expats would not go out in slovenly attire, unkempt hair etc when in their own country.

I don't know about that. Check out photos taken in U.S. Walmarts and occasionally published for the public's edification.  🙄

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, gringal said:

I don't know about that. Check out photos taken in U.S. Walmarts and occasionally published for the public's edification.  🙄

I did say the majority of expats. We have expats from all over the world here, not just the US. I have to think most would not go into a restaurant in their home countries dressed like they are going to work in the back forty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1