Chapala.com Webboard

Tree removal cost's

Has anyone recently had a tree removed and the cost please...I appreciate the cost will vary with size etc but I would like an idea if the price I have been given of 2,000 pesos is in the ball park. This price is for "offical" permit permission etc...Its a Ficus trash tree about 8/10 inches in diameter and 10 ft tall...they all grow like weeds...and of course was planted directly under the telephone/electric lines

Too bad you or your gardener can't just do it, or have a friend help... a 10' tall  8/10" diameter tree would be easy to cut and bundle up for removal. Then you could spend that $100 on something pleasant for you or, god forbid, save it!

YMMV

1 hour ago, jonnyintrouble said:

I'd leave the stump.  Ask them to do a nice straight horizontal cut, use it for a chair, table, fountain base, etc.

Mount a old satellite dish, plug the holes and use it as a bird bath,

Another plug for Chapala Tree Services, they grind the waste in their chipper, and sell it back to the public when it has mulched. For a very good price.

Old stumps are only good for putting empty beer cans on and then shooting them with a pellet gun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Another plug for Chapala Tree Services, they grind the waste in their chipper, and sell it back to the public when it has mulched. For a very good price.

Do they grind out the stump or use chemicals to kill it?

You don't need to use chemicals to kill the stump. Get them to cut it as close to the ground as possible. Paint it with black tar-what they call "Asfalto" here. make sure you get it around the sides as well- I've done this with stumps and they didn't grow back. If you see sprouts coming up from the side, just break or cut them off. Eventually it will stop.

A 8-10 inch trunked ficus has a root ball that can be dug out by hand with a couple guys and a pick axe.  It is actually easier if you trim the leafy top back hard  and then deep shovel cut (poacher spade works great) around the root ball out about 18 inches from the trunk.  Then rock the trunk to loosen the grip on the earth and push it over to pull the root ball out of the ground and then cut it up.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Amazing someone would say that in public.  And Betty Boop was originally a little Black girl.  I bet you like her better in white eh?  Black people are so, well, um, er, tacky.  

real_betty_boop_baby_esther_black_woman.

Your post is totally uncalled for.  You don't know if I'm tacky or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Has anyone recently had a tree removed and the cost please...I appreciate the cost will vary with size etc but I would like an idea if the price I have been given of 2,000 pesos is in the ball park. This price is for "offical" permit permission etc...Its a Ficus trash tree about 8/10 inches in diameter and 10 ft tall...they all grow like weeds...and of course was planted directly under the telephone/electric lines

I'd pay that price in a heartbeat if it came from a legitimate tree removal service and meant I never had to read any more comments in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 11 months later...