Chapala.com Webboard

Reporting to Aduana

Last month I read in the GDL Reporter that the law changed (or is being better enforced perhaps) over expired plates on foreign vehicles. My South Dakota plates are currently on their way in the mail. Even though my insurance company still doesn't care if they are expired, and even though they have said time and again that they do not use expired plates as an excuse for not paying out an accident, I do believe the transitos are looking things over in a different way as you see them set up over motorcycles issues currently. Frequently set up near Laguna Centro.

So after getting legal, I have  changed my title to a di9fferent state, and plates as well,, namely South Dakota. Do I need to take a copy of my new title to the Aduana.? My friend is also getting the plates and her lawyer told her that everything goes by VIN number so no need to inform the Aduana. Somehow, it didn't seem right to me, so looking further into issue.

2nd question, last time I was at the Aduana at the airport, they told me all further renewals of my RT_Permiso para Trabajar do not require me to report to Aduana as the INM and Aduana are now connected and they will get my renewal by internet, so no need to come out there as I have done 2 years in a row. 

I appreciate all intelligent and topic related feedback. Thanks.