Chapala.com Webboard

Expired driver's license

I am 72 and my license expires 5/19. If I miss getting there by, let's say 1 week would I have to take the written exam and driving test again.

Does anyone know the situation of going to Ocotlon in terms of people waiting for hours to renew>

Thanks so much.

There was a post of the documents you need to bring, such as the original CFE bill with a copy front and back, etc. I can't find the post so if anyone has can you point me in the right direction?

You may want to get the Constancia de Domicilio to prove your address. this is what i used when i got the license. you go to the president's building on second floor with 50 pesos and your photographs. they need your CFE bill. we were told they required this and that the CFE bill wouldn't suffice. we also investigated Ocotlan and found out they love to fail you so they can gain mordida. some things are hearsay , we just decided to do the most official and that was go to GDL. call ahead . we went on day and they happened to be closed. not a holiday either.

20 hours ago, Sandrita said:

I am 72 and my license expires 5/19. If I miss getting there by, let's say 1 week would I have to take the written exam and driving test again.

Does anyone know the situation of going to Ocotlon in terms of people waiting for hours to renew>

Thanks so much.

There was a post of the documents you need to bring, such as the original CFE bill with a copy front and back, etc. I can't find the post so if anyone has can you point me in the right direction? 

Here is the title of the post, right now it is 3  below yours.

LONG LINES FOR JALISCO DRIVER LICENSE

Make the effort to do it on time.  New heavy fines in place for expired license, and out here foreigners are always a target,

Plaza de Torres in Guad is a good place to go and is easy to access...... right off Lazaro Cardenas at 8 de julio exit (same one as for IMSS Hospital).