Chapala.com Webboard

Where is everybody??

cookj5

When my wife and a went out for lunch today (Sunday 4/7) we expected the usual bumper-to-bumper Sunday traffic on the Carretera and few parking places. To our surprise, the traffic was very light and stayed so for the rest of the afternoon. Also, the Ajijic Plaza had only a light crowd, even though there were lots of vendor booths, as if the vendors were expecting the same crowd as we did. I know the snowbirds started to leave April 1, but it's still early in the month. Also, Sunday is a prime day for Tapatios, throughout the year, and we saw very few. What's up?

If people are not taking a large organized trip to observe: "backpacking Mexican hippies to lily-white, loud, obese American families" in Mudgirl's town, then maybe they're on to their curious first trip to "Armpit, Iowa 🙂". 

Enjoy your time!

Things were a little slow at Mom's Restaurant at 9 AM, and I guess this was because of the clock change. Because by 9:30 all of the tables were taken and there was a waiting line. I dropped by Pancho's at 10:00. There were almost no customers there, normally at that time there would e more.

I went to church at 11:00 AM and we only had slightly more than 1/2 of the normal crowd.

No big deal but it seemed a little strange to me. The one nice thing was that there was almost no traffic when travelling between West Chapala and my home in West Ajijic

Archived