Chapala.com Webboard

ACORN TV

10 minutes ago, court0503 said:

Has anyone successfully subscribed to Acorn TV here?  I downloaded the app to my IPad Iand want to stream to my TV using my FireStick but get an error message in the Acorn subscription process. 

What is the message?

I have had used Acorn for several years. But I have a US account.  Now they have a Mexican subscription plan.  The TV programming is a little different between the US and Mexico.

41 minutes ago, court0503 said:

I heard back from customer service.  They said they currently  support Mexico only through their website ie you can’t use the app to stream 

I don't use an app.  Too many apps are overrated.  I just use a browser.  Does Firestick have a browser?

1 hour ago, court0503 said:

Rick, you’re streaming then from the Amazon Prime app?  is your Prime account a Mexican Prime account?  

USA Amazon Prime Video account. 

100% legal and legit and in 1080p resolution. 

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

USA Prime, 100%.

Using DNS proxy, not VPN. 

I know what I'm doing. 

It shows that I don't know what I am doing with Firestick. HAHAHA

I read that there is a browser for Firestick called Silk.  I wonder if you can access a web site like Acorn.TV to play videos?

2 minutes ago, Tiny said:

It shows that I don't know what I am doing with Firestick. HAHAHA

I read that there is a browser for Firestick called Silk.  I wonder if you can access a web site like Acorn.TV to play videos?

I can't speak to that, but because Telmex doesn't allow its modems to be modified in the settings menu, the DNS addresses have to be changed within the streaming device that must be connected via Ethernet. 

It's actually a very simple process. 

😊

If you have a US credit card with a US billing address you can get a VPN that will "put" your computer in the US and most if not all streaming services will work.  The easiest, but more expensive way, is to sign up for an ExpressVPN account. There you can buy a dedicated router that has all the correct DNS settings taken care of.  You simply connect it via ethernet to your Telmex router and you are good to stream if you have enough bandwidth.  No Techie knowledge needed. Worked fine for us with Netflix, Hulu, Philo and Prime.  I adjusted my router settings myself but unless you are a techie, and I'm not, I would suggest paying for one already set to go.

Just now, Creature of Habit said:

I was going to say you don’t need a US credit card to get a VPN that will give you an address in the US.  You can use Nord VPN, apply on line and pay with cash at any OXXO.  This pretty much makes you anonymous.

Yeah, tried Nord and Hulu sniffed them out immediately. As a techie before me stated, it's changing the DNS settings that does the trick and I slaved mightily before I got them right.  I was afraid I had bricked my router, which is possible to do. Pay the man and then you can stream away just like a US resident.  YMMV

56 minutes ago, Tiny said:

What proxy service are you using? Thanks ahead of time.

Getflix.

100% reliable for Netflix USA and everything else for years.

The free trial is nice, but I'd just buy a month at first for a few bucks to ensure it works on all your devices.

There are numerous resellers of "lifetime" subscriptions, and because of this, their website states:

US Netflix is supported on every device for 1, 3, 6, 12 and 24 month paid subscribers! Lifetime and trial accounts are supported on web browsers only.

I just buy two years at a time. Excellent customer service.

My wife uses Express VPN and watches Acorn using the app, so that method works! Express VPN customer service told her she had to use the Seattle site to connect, btw. Their customer service is amazing: they stay on line (chat) and talk you through options until something works.

I use GETFLIX as well. Everything has been working fine until recently, then my CBS ALL Access has been blocking me even though I have GETFLIX DNS settings. It worked fine for the last year, but not recently.  To get CBS all access to work I have to use IPVANISH to put an IP in the US even though I have GETFLIX spoofing the DNS location.