Chapala.com Webboard

cost to rent oxygen concentrator

Lexy

Does anyone know about how much a nursing home charges a resident patient for use of an oxygen concentrator?

I'm about to settle a final meds bill having moved my husband to a better place. A credit is due on his monthly prepaid rent for three days. But the director says what he's owed in credit is about what it cost for the use of the ogygen concentrator, so it's a wash, she says, but won't tell me what the cost was for oxygen concentrator. At most, he  used the machine two, three days.

The director of our new place is away today and I'm anxious to know now. I've checked on line for general info and rental costs are not anywhere near the credit we're due.

Lexy

Thanks. I'm hearing about 1500 p a month, too, which would be 150 pesos a day. Our credit due on prepaid rent is 2400 or 3600 pesos (1200 pesos a day). No wonder she wouldn't admit what the oxygen concentrator cost. I understand what she's doing but can't air the details on this forum, of course. Wouldn't want to waste the time anyway.

Looks like I have a bit of a hassle--or can avoid a hassle and simply subtract my credit due from what she says my final meds bill is, deposit the payment into her Actinver account, and be rid of her. I'm prepared to pay the actual cost of the oxygen thing if she sends a bill....Honest me.

Lexy

I can't speak to the oxygen concentrator but my experience at Lakeside Medical is that the equipment rentals are per month; I rented a wheelchair in March, returned it well before 30 days, and was told (both before I rented and confirmed on return) that the rentals are for a monthly period, regardless of how many days you actually use the device.

• Like 2

thanks, all. ...I'm having computer problems.... This  person is getting what is due her--already in  her account--minus what rent credit is due us. Gotta go before this message is wiped out by my new bug.

Lexy

For anyone interested, I called Lakeside Medical and it might have been Lidia I talked to. She said rental was 1700 monthly. I asked about weekly and she said 1200. It's high weekly as they prefer monthly rentals.

Our former facility at last told me the charge of oxygen concentrator is/was 1800 p for the three days use.

Lexy

• Like 1