Chapala.com Webboard

Cheese

Figoush

9 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

The Paz family who own "Licores Paz" have also owned "Superlake" for years, so now that they are actually managing "Superlake" themselves,  duplication of some inventory should not be all that difficult.

The stores are owned by different brothers, not the family.

12 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

The stores are owned by different brothers, not the family.

Correcto, Gilberto, the licorería and Leopoldo, Superlake and Francisco (Pancho), who worked at Superlake is a Paz also on his mama´s side, and Mario at Mario´s restaurant.

They are all close, but all separate

On 4/4/2019 at 11:42 AM, Ferret said:

Yup. It's too much effort to keep a good selling product in stock. Walmart is going down the tubes imho... less of everything in every department.

Same here NOb, plus they put the self checkout lanes and only 2 full service checkouts plus the gardening checkout. I rarely go there. Now Home Depot is doing that. One full service checkout one day. 

I patronize the other stores and let them know how much I appreciate customer service.

Regarding Walmart inventory: Here are a couple of things I've noticed. Raw hamburg: I asked, and they only grind the less costly hamburg (92p) two days a week; the rest of the week the price is 142/kilo, which is ridiculous. The store constantly moves the dairy products around, so you never know where you are going to find your preferred yogurt or rice pudding at any given time... when it is in stock.

They could not care less if their eggs have price stickers on them.

Their roast chickens are the most overpriced, shriveled things ever.

These are things that make shopping their annoying, except for raw chicken wings: hardly ever used to have them; now they have them almost all the time.

BTW, the young lady approached me in Walmart on Sunday asking me to taste the Navarro Extra Anejo cheddar. I asked why she was handing out samples when there wasn't any to buy. She apologized... confirmed that it had been ordered with another person and said it should be delivered on Thursday. Hopefully. Vamos a ver.

Archived