Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex email about higher speed

I have not yet eceived an e-mail, but i was in the Ajijic Telmex office yesterday and saw their flier announcing the higher speeds due 30 April. During my consult, iasked about that ans was told, it will probably be several weeks after that, but,'Yes, it is coming.'

It looks like a good deal if they deliver what they promise.

There are several plans, but the one that interest me is 100 mbps plus Claro Video (including I think a claro video box and maybe HBO) plus 3 phone lines 150 GB cloud storage for $999 MX

39 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Got that email, too. 

Ran a speedtest on TelMex just now.....4.3 mbps, same as since we moved to this house even though I am paying for 10 mbps.  

Ran a speedtest with our new Ilox and getting 67 mbps.  

I wish I would have received that many. By the by, I was paying for the 250/300 package.

I've received emails from Telmex, phone calls, text messages to my cell phone, etc. The envelope my Telmex bill arrives in has for at least a few months talked about the "new/higher speeds becoming available". I even remember a Telmex envelope about three months ago with a pre-printed "biggest fiber optic network in the country" message. (Of course you have that Telmex. Who else would? But how big compared to what? Pffffft.)

My guess: this is all an avalanche of pre-marketing to every Telmex customer throughout all of Mexico. When and if these wondrous new speeds ever arrive here at Hooterville by the Lake is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

As I said above:

'i have not yet eceived an e-mail, but i was in the Ajijic Telmex office yesterday and saw their flier announcing the higher speeds due 30 April. During my consult, iasked about that ans was told, it will probably be several weeks after that, but,'Yes, it is coming.'

It looks like a good deal if they deliver what they promise.'

I made my first telmex phone call from a 'phone store, in Ajijic in 1982 anve never been a fan of Telmes. i'm sure that remain the case into as much future as i have left. 

But, that 'non-fandom' can exist for their competitors as well.

3 hours ago, NLU said:

As I said above:

'i have not yet eceived an e-mail, but i was in the Ajijic Telmex office yesterday and saw their flier announcing the higher speeds due 30 April. During my consult, iasked about that ans was told, it will probably be several weeks after that, but,'Yes, it is coming.'

It looks like a good deal if they deliver what they promise.'

I made my first telmex phone call from a 'phone store, in Ajijic in 1982 anve never been a fan of Telmes. i'm sure that remain the case into as much future as i have left. 

But, that 'non-fandom' can exist for their competitors as well.

Somebody must be using ‘talk-to-text’......  and a bad version of it to boot!

I just left Telmex. I have a handout that says $389 for 10 Megas and $435 for 20 megs.

I am charged $435 per month and the speeds set in my modem state 12.645 Mb/sec down by 0.654 up. If I am lucky I get 10.6 down and 0.5 up, which isn't bad but I would love to get a little faster internet, which the Telmex employee said could occur this May.