Chapala.com Webboard

Getting FMM stamped out in Guadalajara instead of Cancun ??

sm1mex

We are flying from Guadalajara and have a transfer in Cancun to go  on to our final destination. Can we get the FMM stamped out in Guadalajara instead of Cancun. I know you can do that in Guadalajara if you go on your way out of the country through Mexico City but just wondered if we can get stamped out in Guadalajara instead of trying to find the man in Cancun at our layover. 

Probably best to ask at Migracion at the airport.  Their answer is really the only one that counts (at least here in Mexico). Verdad? What worked for someone else may or may not work for you and telling Migracion "I know a friend who..." perhaps. just maybe...won't do much good. I know, I'm just cynical about official procedures.

1 hour ago, Creature of Habit said:

All I can say is last time I had an international flight connecting in Mexico City, had my card stamped in Guadalajara.  I hate running all over the Mexico City airport looking fir the INM kiosk.  Whether this is legal or not I don’t know, but it was easier.

CDMX Airport. Running all over? No. Walk out of the security check doors into the departure and arrivals area 15 feet staight ahead to the well marked INM desk.

Archived