Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox TV channel problem

We were hooked up to Ilox yesterday.  Signed up for the TV/internet package, no phone.  Very pleased with the internet speed.  Went from getting about 10 Mbps with Telmex to 38 Mbps with Ilox!  The problem we're having is they told us there were 8 English channels in the package.  Have gone through every channel on the TV, and the only English channels are Fox News and one other Fox channel.  Very disappointed!  
Has anyone else that's been hooked up so far had this problem?

Yes SAP, secondary audio programing, It was real simple to do once it was explained to us. But that was years ago and sadly I don't remember how. However if you use Mr. Google and enter "secondary audio programming" you will see that there are several video links there that supposedly tell you how to set that up. Good luck.

I sure hope that ILox is offering SAP.

Using your TV's remote, go to your Menu and select SETUP.  In most cases, you will have to select a preferred language (English), which will allow SAP to select that language, if it is available for the program you are watching.  You will only have to do this once.  Your TV setup may now be in Spanish, or your options may be somewhat different, but if you follow your setup guide, you will figure it out.  On some TVs, you can even select the country where you are located; or another one, which may also trigger SAP.  It does vary by TV brand, but is not difficult.

I don't why to bother, you now have enough speed to watch high definition streaming TV, even 4K. Netflix Mexico is about $9 U.S. per month, Spanish language is less than 5% (I'm guessing on that one). Netflix just added 49 movies this month, mostly original. Apple is entering the streaming market and is spending billions for original content, the who's who of Hollywood have already signed on and prducing shows. Then there is Hulu, but I think you need a very good VPN for that. Then there is Amazon and paid version of Youtube. Roku has lots of streaming channels but most of them are junk.

All these streamers are commercial free, I don't think I am able to watch tv commercials ever again.

Also it might be possible you can choose the audio language of your ilox digital box. This was possible on Telecable digital and also axtel tv which both worked with a digital box where you could change the audio somewhere in it's menu. (So not on the menu of your TV)

Archived