Chapala.com Webboard

LONG LINES FOR JALISCO DRIVER LICENSE

Ever since it was announced that expired Jalisco driver licenses will now be ticketed, and with a hefty fine, the lines in renewal locations are now long. When I checked last week, the normal 1 hour in and out time had grown to 5 hours, They were issuing turn numbers at the door starting at 8:30AM. A friend who arrived at 10:30 was told to return the next day. This was at Las Aguilas in Zapopan. Does anyone know if the situation is better in another location? Recent experience only please.

We went to Plaza Las Torres this morning. Arrived at 8. There were at least (we walked around and estimated the number) 600 people already in line. We asked a couple of people that were about 100 people from the front of the line, what time they got there this morning.  They replied that they got in line at 7:00 AM. That means the first 100 were there around 6:00AM.  We came home and will go back after Semana Santa week. We will,  however,  leave here around 6:00 AM next trip. Oh, I  forgot to tell you. No more staff than usual processing renewals. ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!

When we went to Plaza Las Torres it was terrible.  Hundreds of people in 4 different lines and very hot. Old people are supposed to be taken to the front of the line, but they refused us old people and we had to stand for hours.  It will be nice when they open a license place here again, according to the Reporter.

Right now there is a huge flood of panicked people who have put off renewing their license for months and years.  It will take a while for this group to go thru the system.  Eventually it will work itself out and things will get back to normal. Officials realize it is a temporary situation.  My license expired last week, but  I'm going to wait.  

I don't know if this would work for drivers licenses, but back when I had to go to INM to renew my old FM3, I found that if I went early, the lines were already long, and the numbers given out were like already up to a 100 or more. So I started going in about half an hour before they closed for the day. There was almost no one there, and I never had to wait:-)

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I don't know if this would work for drivers licenses, but back when I had to go to INM to renew my old FM3, I found that if I went early, the lines were already long, and the numbers given out were like already up to a 100 or more. So I started going in about half an hour before they closed for the day. There was almost no one there, and I never had to wait:-)

Works exactly as mudgirl describes in PV.

58 minutes ago, ibarra said:

I asked a specific question.  The replies do not answer that specific question.  I should have known!

Maybe you should be patient and wait for an answer to your question?  You weren't the OP, so most people are answering that question first.

2 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Now here's what I actually do:  I show up with a young person at my side, a young Mexican person.  He/she gives the appearance of a guide, as in I'm hard of hearing, no speakie the lingo and stuff like that.  We walk up not to the head of the line but to the window and wait for that customer to finish.  Works every time. 

Or the examiner may ask for a Doctor's letter, certifying that you are fit to drive - I would.

Archived