Chapala.com Webboard

Please Tell Us Anything @ Chula Vista Norte and Chula Vista

I live in  Upper Chula Vista and can comment on that Fracc. 

• 24X7X365 POTABLE water supplied by two wells and 4 holding tanks. Water is checked for bacteria daily and tested by a Guadalajara lab quarterly for Mercury, Arsenic, heavy metals, etc.. . Wells are 200 meters deep.
  • Stable, competent Board of Directors for the past 8 years
    • Full compliance with Mexican financial reporting requirements (facturas, payroll benefits, etc.)
    • The Board works tirelessly on morosos. Low default rate
    • Fiscally prudent. working to build the contingency fund 
    • Works with owners on building code adherence
    • Transparency
  • Current Concession agreement with the municipality.
  • Most of the properties are sited on bedrock on the mountainside. One fault line runs North of me by about 600 meters.
  • Some outstanding views over the lake in Upper CV.
  • Easy access to many restaurants, the Libramiento, Walmart, Superlake, iShop, Pancho's without driving thru Ajijic.
  • Hospital soon to open at the south side of the Careterra at the foot of Chula Vista
  • The residents of course are some of the nicest folks in all of Lakeside
  • I do hate those cobblestone roads
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm also in upper CV. We rent and love the location (2 years). Have had several interactions with the fracc office and they've always been helpful and responsive.  Internet isn't perfect and I'm not too fond of the cobblestones but don't want to live anywhere else! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Ii love visiting  friends in  CVN...their roads are smooth and location has nice view and security  guard's seem efficient 

Visiting is one thing..... daily life there is quite another, according to two friends with actual experience.  Maybe you could induce Alpha 1 to send you a PM? 

We lived in Chula Vista (not upper) for 3 years and it was excellent. Sun Fan is correct on all assessments..... except there are lots of cobbled roads FAR worse than CV!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Natasha said:

Visiting is one thing..... daily life there is quite another, according to two friends with actual experience.  Maybe you could induce Alpha 1 to send you a PM? 

We lived in Chula Vista (not upper) for 3 years and it was excellent. Sun Fan is correct on all assessments..... except there are lots of cobbled roads FAR worse than CV!

Very true, but sometimes first impression count......and it helps to have a 4 wheel drive or be a mountain goat to reach some homes in Upper CV...... anyone with info on Fracc HOA fees.....also in the past both have experienced divisive Boards and owners......."The Board works tirelessly on morosos. Low default rate" (do they have a secret formula they would like to share? )

Which board works on the Deliquent payments.  I was told that Chula Vista Norte forgives anyone if they pay the last 3 years.  Was told this has been in effect since the last president’s wife had not paid in many years and if she paid 3 years all would be forgiven.  What a deal.

The obvious tools for delinquents is to stop garbage collection and trickle their water supply. Obviously that doesn't work too well on lot owners.

The other step that seems to yield results is frequent, regular and persistent contact to collect past fees. Interest is added to past due accounts. A lot of work but it yields results.

The Chula Vista Board was advised several years ago by their legal counsel that the courts would only award outstanding fees for the past two years. That means suing members to collect becomes a trade-off with legal costs.

Property sales require outstanding fracc fees be paid before ownership can be transferred.

Welcome to Mexico.

SunFan

39 minutes ago, SunFan said:

The obvious tools for delinquents is to stop garbage collection and trickle their water supply. Obviously that doesn't work too well on lot owners.

The other step that seems to yield results is frequent, regular and persistent contact to collect past fees. Interest is added to past due accounts. A lot of work but it yields results.

The Chula Vista Board was advised several years ago by their legal counsel that the courts would only award outstanding fees for the past two years. That means suing members to collect becomes a trade-off with legal costs.

Property sales require outstanding fracc fees be paid before ownership can be transferred.

Welcome to Mexico.

SunFan

The fracc has to be legally authorized to collect with all their documentation, some aren't. Sales are not pending in this situation.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SunFan said:

That is exactly why the elected Board must know the law and take the appropriate actions in the timeframe prescribed by law. Letting a scofflaw drag it out is not the way to go.

We, too, live in Upper Chula Vista.  Bought and remodeled a house in October 2017.  While we don't like the cobblestone roads they are not that much of a deterrent.  They are kept in excellent condition.  The board is very responsive.  We know this from experience as we had a home built near us and there were some issues.  With the board's help they were solved amicably.  Lucy who works in the office and speaks excellent English is fantastic.  We can not say enough good things about her and her services to our fracc.  This is our 3rd home Lakeside since moving here in 2015 and our favorite.  Good location, friendly people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chamanelo said:

Maybe better to skip both of those fraccs, and head straight to Cumbres! I Will be there soon, We love it

Cumbres is part of Chulavista Norte. There is a big evento place and they are noisy . The area is still mainly undevoloped and it will take lots of years living with all the  construction going. And helli pad.... If you can live with all that .......the views are beautiful.

When we rented in CVN there was a always some problem with water supply. I think even now (as I speak) they have a problem with system leaks.

This is just my view and opinion.

• Like 1

You are right Wookie,  fees did not seem to be outrages.

1.) The Upper Chula vista (the original one) is very hilly and has beautiful views but no way you can live there without a car. It is quite a hike up and down to(and from) the carretera,. But....if I would  have to choose from 3 Chula Vistas this would be my choice (but it is very personal).

2.) Lower Chula Vista is sort of flattish and very walkable. No problem for reasonably able person to live there without a car.  No lake views there.  

3.) Chula Vista Norte , where we spent good chunk of a year would be my last choice...although if you live on the lower part (closer to the libramiento) you can walk to Supperlake or Walmart. We walked down and fetched the cab going back.(sometimes we had to walk to the  intersection to catch a cab). The main problem we had there was the trucks noise from the libramiento. I am not sure if it is so pronounced in the upper part. We also had a barking dogs problem....but we had that problem in almost  every place. One positive in CVN is that streets are wide, paved and even so one can easily walk within the community. Trash collection in CVN was good and I did not notice any bashura laying around during our stay. Sometimes the collection was irregular but we always got a notification when it happened. There were several break-ins while we were there (not us), despite the security gates.

Again, we are all sensitive to different "things" and my priorities might not be important to another person.

• Like 2