Chapala.com Webboard

VERY SLOW TELMEX UPLOAD

ezpz

OK, so my telcel problem is kinda sorta OK...  Next problem, jaja..  I was just trying to upload my newest video of Danzantes Ce-Ollin at the Sangre Viva Fiesta this past weekend in Ajijic, great show, well attended.  Lots of action, about 7 minutes of action video plus a couple minutes of still fotos in this video which I will post on another thread.  Yesterday I tried to upload the separate videos & fotos to FB ,was fine for a while and then stalled out completely after several hours.  So I created my "movie"(on MOV) format to upload to Utube.  It usually takes me about 1 hr. per minute to upload action videos (as opposed to foto slideshows which go much faster).  It also got stuck for hours after 90% finished.  Arrgghhhh!!!

I tried the suggestions given my Utube and checked my upload speed which was very slow...  63% slower than MY average, around 90% slower than most of MX.  I also recreated my video with less resolution.  I have the Telmex Medium plan for about $600/mo.  It uploaded much faster but the colors are a little washed out to my eyes.  I prefer the vivid colors.

Questions:  Should I even bother to notify Telmex when my upload speed is way too slow?  I notice this in the middle of the night sometime.  How do you reach them now? Or should I just change the settings on my videos to allow for faster upload but less color?  My videos are my favorite hobby now, and my local fiesta videos get hundreds of views, much more than my travel foto slideshows.  Gracias!!

What would you say your normal speeds are? I know there are some areas TelMex services that have poor infrastructure and present dropouts off and on all day, which definitely affects uploads. In fact, while your upload bar shows itself as being stuck, it is most likely because it is disconnected from the server and is just continually trying to connect.

TelMex is still 01-800-123-2222. You should try a Factory Reset on the modem, too, just to ensure everything is clear.

Funny, but I tried to post the link to my new video plus a link to an older one with some of the same danzantes in San Cristobal and even that is not going through after 2 hours.  WTF is up???  My current upload speed is 489 KBPS, 71% faster than my average speed, 87% slower than my host average @ 3.6.

18 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

I posted all of that ^ for you and you didn't even read it.  Slob!

Hey, Jonny, maybe some of the above posters have you on "ignore" and didn't see your post. 

Archived